2012 ZX-14 vs Hayabusa

Kritz

They did have a green one at ohio motorcycle in Oakwood last month
Yours looks lengthened? I plan on using it at the strip this summer and will lower it a bit when parts come out for it. Any recommendations???

get soupy's lowering links they are turnbuckle style threaded links for the front you can slide the forks up for street riding then strap it down for strip. The adjustable kick stands are pricey but t-rex racing is now selling them for like $60. Check out http://www.zx14ninjaforum.com/ a lot of good guys on there and www.zx14.com which is bikeland

get soupy's lowering links they are turnbuckle style threaded links for the front you can slide the forks up for street riding then strap it down for strip. The adjustable kick stands are pricey but t-rex racing is now selling them for like $60. Check out http://www.zx14ninjaforum.com/ a lot of good guys on there and www.zx14.com which is bikeland

^^THIS! Tons of useful info on these forums for sure......And it never takes long for aftermarket peripherals to become available, there's some that are abundant already -- Glad you pulled the trigger on this new beast, I'd like to hear some down to earth pro's/con's once you get some seat time

Frankly I find both bikes damn impressive, and ultimately equal for most mortals.

The 'busa is due for an update, but was less than four tenths slower in the quarter mile. In 99% of riders' hands, that is negligible. Ricky Gadsen can get the ZX-14 under 10 seconds in stock trim, but he's a (damn good) professional drag racer.

Road Racing World took the ZX-14 to the track, and their rider (AMA superbike rider Chris Ulrich) couldn't break the 10 second barrier. Neither will the vast majority of average joes. 10.11 should be plenty fast anyway.

(and whoever posted about a 190hp limit, I believe Kawasaki touts the new 14 as 203hp. I told that to my dad at the bike show, and some skeptical passer by overheard and nearly shit his pants. "my car only has 175hp!" mine too. And the bike weighs 1/6 of a car.)

This is a rear wheel reading. The torque tops 80 at 3,600 RPM !

32174210150431575023921.jpg

These stock numbers are killer output......it took $2000 worth of exhaust, pc, and dyno time to get mine there on its best pull w/o an airfilter and MR9 :nono: