IWB Holsters

hollywood3586

Does it really matter who makes it? If it has all that im looking for, Do I really need to pay $70 for it? I understand the whole, you get what you pay for, but how does it apply here?

this is what I was looking at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280802891848+&item=280802891848&vectorid=229466

I just like this type of IWB holster. Anyone know of anything better?

www.oldfaithfulholsters.com

Im happy with mine. I wear it almost everyday.

OK it may be because I'm a little on the non mechanical side, but do you have to assemble this yourself? Cant you just buy it already done? I feel like I'd be too impatient to have to put it together.

Check out this Crossbreed supertuck IWB.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/SuperTuckDeluxe/tabid/90/List/0/ProductID/1/CategoryID/1/Level/1/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName

Yeah it's a limitless pricier than your eBay link but know this is a quality rig.

I agree crossbreed is my favorite holster. I carry a full size H+K P2000 .40 everyday. On my days off I wear the crossbreed and don't notice its there. It's definitely worth every penny.

Check out this Crossbreed supertuck IWB.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/SuperTuckDeluxe/tabid/90/List/0/ProductID/1/CategoryID/1/Level/1/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName

Yeah it's a limitless pricier than your eBay link but know this is a quality rig.

I like the crossbreed but it's also like $70. The crossbreed is the one I've been able to try on. I just don't want to pay that much.

If you don't need it right away, you can keep checking http://crossbreedseconds.com/, they put new stuff up all the time but for popular guns they get reserved very quickly. These are factory seconds from crossbreed, I got one marked "good" or "very good" and can't find a damn thing wrong with it other than maybe one little scratch on the leather.

Generally speaking, a quality holster is going to retain the weapon better, conceal better, and distribute the weight of the gun better than your $19.99 Uncle Mike's holster. There are a lot of quality holsters in that $50-$75 range, but not as many in the sub $50 range. Heck, a Milt Sparks SSII (which was once THE IWB to have) is more like $100.

You're best bet is to check gun forums for folks selling slightly used holsters at a discount. Even better, is to find someone local that has tried various types and has spares lying around that didn't work for them that you can try before making that investment yourself. I've known folks that have spent more than the value of their carry gun on finding a holster that works for their body type and lifestyle.

The crossbreed is the best. I have two of them, and are by far the most comfortable. I started off with a cheaper holster,,,,,in fact, I still have them. I wish I wouldn't have wasted my money on the cheap ones. They just set in the drawer now.

I use a simple DeSantis leather IWB holster for my .40. Very comfortable and like $15. It's doesn't fall out even when running and I hardly know it's there.

XANJYo2UgYMs_FVMaQRcCCSZAq-6cLqH3gpjE7JGrdmTpp-YXPabihuyre0Pa845rDhGkaAkFRJXuA5qmmV205j2MReMpnxoemC1ZZa8nnKRtiRZ8XzzvKl7BE3I_cBXJtF2cf6fHJjX

Look!

Chevy bought a Glock!

• Upvote 1

I was going to buy a Crossbreed for my xd but went with the Mtac Minotaur. Mainly because you can just switch the Kydex body if you want to use it for a different firearm. No need to buy a whole new holster. The downside is the price.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95

I was looking into a Desantis Sof-tuck for my Kahr CM9. I think they are simple and reasonably priced. I have a beefy Kydex holster for my Glock 23. It is a bit to bulky for concealed carry.

I really can't say enough about the Crossbreed. I've been carrying snubbies and PPKs since 2004(legally) in nylon and cheap leather. I now carry a far larger gun more comfortably in the supertuck. It's worth the $$.

I use a simple DeSantis leather IWB holster for my .40. Very comfortable and like $15. It's doesn't fall out even when running and I hardly know it's there.

XANJYo2UgYMs_FVMaQRcCCSZAq-6cLqH3gpjE7JGrdmTpp-YXPabihuyre0Pa845rDhGkaAkFRJXuA5qmmV205j2MReMpnxoemC1ZZa8nnKRtiRZ8XzzvKl7BE3I_cBXJtF2cf6fHJjX

The only issue I have with these IWB is I don't really wear a belt. To something like this is going to feel bulky on one side. If I had a tuck able holster that has two clips its more evenly distributed around my jeans. Plus the retention feel better for me. I've seen these everywhere but I'm not a fan. ;) but thanks for the option. I like this old faithful one Parks suggested but I'm not sure I could or would be able to put the damn thing together. My OCD self would scratch it and freak out, or not center it right and I wouldn't carry it. Lol.

The only issue I have with these IWB is I don't really wear a belt. To something like this is going to feel bulky on one side. If I had a tuck able holster that has two clips its more evenly distributed around my jeans. Plus the retention feel better for me. I've seen these everywhere but I'm not a fan. ;) but thanks for the option. I like this old faithful one Parks suggested but I'm not sure I could or would be able to put the damn thing together. My OCD self would scratch it and freak out, or not center it right and I wouldn't carry it. Lol.

you will definitely need a belt and I would suggest a gun belt (thicker) or you will be so uncomfortable that you will end up not carrying