Roketa scooters?

Cheech

Anyone have any experience? I know they are Chinese, which based on my non-owner experiences really doesn't scare me all that much, but I thought there might be someone out there who's lived with one for a while. They seem to be all over CL for cheep, I just wanted one to commute to work (off-highway) and otherwise derp around on.

My wife's cousin bought some chinese motorcycle looking thing new. Misc. parts fall off (bar ends, footpeg and other stuff) and the electrical was horrible. Turn signals sometimes worked and the horn would come on randomly. It did always start and run fine though.

My wife's cousin bought some chinese motorcycle looking thing new. Misc. parts fall off (bar ends, footpeg and other stuff) and the electrical was horrible. Turn signals sometimes worked and the horn would come on randomly. It did always start and run fine though.

I've heard that you need to keep some loctite handy to re-attach bolts that rattle off... :)

Don't waste your money. I bought a couple used 200cc Roketa on/off road bikes a few years ago. COMPLETE GARBAGE!!! Everything on them was poorly made.

Could not even get the handlebars to tighten up on one because the knurling was so minimal. I cranked the piss out of the bolts and the bars would still move if I gave them a light tug.

Had to fix no start problem on one after wiring melted on exhaust due to poor routing.

Wait until you find a decent deal on a Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki or Yamaha. You'd be better of getting a ragged out Japanese scooter over a Roketa.

Cheech. I have an SYM HD200 if you want to come check it out. Just been too lazy to post it. 200CC, 17" wheels. Comfy seat. Über good MPH. 400ish miles on the clock.

d1924b75.jpg