Eyeglasses & Fogging

Big Green Valley

I don't use anything. The only time I notice fogging is at a stop, and I thought it was just my shield fogging? Maybe it is the glasses too, but once I start moving the fogging clears, opening a vent helps it clear faster.

For those who wear their eyeglasses while riding, what do you use to coat the lenses to keep them from fogging up?

Nothing. Keep my vents open and I've never really had a problem.

on a side note... anyone know of anyone who makes wrap around prescription safety glasses? I hate wearing my normal eyeglasses while riding during evening/night.

I think America's Best has some.

I did see some of the threads mentioned, but I was specifically interested in someones first hand experience with eyeglasses. I have a pinlock so the shield is not an issue.

I read the webikeworld article on Cat Crap, but like I said, other riders experience and recommendations go a long way.

I'll give the Cat Crap a try. Thanks everyone.

on a side note... anyone know of anyone who makes wrap around prescription safety glasses? I hate wearing my normal eyeglasses while riding during evening/night.

www.zennioptical.com

Ordered my regular glasses from there. You'll need your script AND your pupillary distance (PD, you get that from the guy that fits you for glasses with the thing that looks like binoculars) Once you have that, you take a picture of your face, upload it to the site, put in your PD and select your pupils to give the software a sense of scale, then you can virtually "try on" every frame they have. Best part is I picked up regular eyeglasses and a reasonable frame for $37 bucks to my door with all the ZOMG coatings, antiglare, all that. I know for a fact they have the safety glasses, rec specs, stuff like that.