Odot District 10 Resurfacing...Morgan County Looking Good

drc32-0

I was looking at the ODOT construction plan for 2012 and it looks like Morgan county is going to have some great riding in the fall.The best part of 669 is getting new pavement as is the connecting part of 555.A little south of 555/669 377 is also getting new pavement and farther south 792 is on the list.Connect all of these great roads with 376 on the other side of the Muskingum river and you'll have one great twisty loop!I can't wait.

Other highlights on the district 10 list are...

Athens co 681 from 33 to 56

Galia co 790 and a large section of 218

Monroe co 78 from Woodsfield to Claradon(7)

800 south of Woodsfield

If you like that twisty new pavement like I do,this is some great news!

Check it out...http://www.dot.state.oh.us/districts/D10/Documents/ConstructionBrochure_d10.pdf

Good post! Can't wait to see the results. My husband and I went on most of those roads you mentioned last year and they had started paving some sections and those areas were awesome and then you'd hit the old stuff and it was just depressing. It will be great to see it all done. I love new pavement. 374 in Hocking Hills had just gotten finished late last summer and we did 4 loops since it was SOOOO nice. We figured the tourists would call us in if we attempted a 5th loop. I don't think we were the scenic type of "Ducs" they were out there to see. ;)

Mary

374 in Hocking Hills had just gotten finished late last summer and we did 4 loops since it was SOOOO nice.

Mary

374 is my favorite road in the Hocking Hills area.

I believe they're paving 328 between 56 and 93 this summer...that should be fun with new pavement.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the lesser used roads here in Southeastern Ohio like parts of 144 and 124, ODOT is using somekind of tar and chip paving. Leaves the road with gravel on it and lumpy. Just ruins it for motorcycles. I hope this is not there future paving policy.

I've got my fingers crossed that it's going to be pavement and not chipseal.We'll know in a few weeks...they have the signs up on 669 so they should be working on it soon.

On a related note on paving...I was on 594 east of Caldwell yesterday and they are preping it for paving.I talked to a couple of guys on the road crew and they said it will be pavement.It connects with newly paved 145 and 595.595 will take you over to 260 near Marr.Also,if you turn off of 595 at the road sign for Lebanon Church it will become Washington CR11 at the couty line.The first mile off of 595 is old pavement,but hang in there because CR11 is new pavement on a VERY curvy road all the way to 821.It's all good in that area.