SCCY industries 9mm

crb

Those are the offshoot of a Kel-Tec. The story I got several years back was that the two owners of kel-Tec split and the one stared the SCCY line, then they looked (almost) identical to the Kel-Tec.

Then there was a lawsuit over the copy rights and the SCCYs were changed in design at which time they had problems with rounds feeding and ejection as well as broken firing pins, this is when I decided to just go with the Kel-Tec.

A couple months prior a local gun shop had 3-4 of the SCCYs and they caught my eye but I held off and at least 3 of the pistols he sold came back, two for repair and one traded in towards a LCP.

This is just my opinion but I have the Kel-Tec P11 and am quite happy with it. The SCCYs do look good and feel good in your hand but if it isn't going to function then I would look elsewhere for a compact.

BTW the one pictured is a second generation pistol, the CXP-2, the first was a Skyy industries SCCY CXP-1.

Edited by bandit12