Nexx Helmets?

ScubaCinci

Anyone wearing a Nexx helmet - specifically the XR1R?

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/nexx-xr1r-invader-helmet

Seems to be a nice helmet with decent reviews and nice options for configuring the padding to customize the fit. Any local shops carry them that you know of? I'd rather be able to try it on and buy local (even if it costs a bit more) than going through the order/return hassle.

The xr1r is top notch quality

Huge viewing area for the shield, alloy more peripheral viewing area then other helmets

The helmet is very customizable to your head with the foam fitment kit they give you with the helmet.

Light helmet, but shield changes require a tool

Edited by Hoblick

Light helmet, but shield changes require a tool

Yeah, I read that...you can use a coin in a pinch. Either way, I rarely change shields (wear Oakleys instead).

Doesn't seem like many shops are stocking them yet. Are you planning on restocking them? I wouldn't be buying for a bit anyway as I'm heading to Europe for a few weeks in early May.

My EXO400 is getitng long in the tooth anyway and will be relegated to my trips to the gym when I come home sweaty :D

• 1 month later...

I ordered one...arrived yesterday. I don't like the fit. It presses against my forehead too much. I did a close inspection and the finish wasn't so great either. I could already see a few spots where the color was chipped or worn and it's brand new. It's going back. I think I'll just grab a Shoei Qwest to replace my aging Scorpion EXO400, I know that fits my head shape just fine. I just hope it has better airflow than the EXO.

I ordered one...arrived yesterday. I don't like the fit. It presses against my forehead too much. I did a close inspection and the finish wasn't so great either. I could already see a few spots where the color was chipped or worn and it's brand new. It's going back. I think I'll just grab a Shoei Qwest to replace my aging Scorpion EXO400, I know that fits my head shape just fine. I just hope it has better airflow than the EXO.

This is what I am hearing in regards to this company. Kinda sucks because they look pretty cool... On paper, they should be bad ass, but fit and finish isn't on par with the price and the fitment has been shown to be somewhat limiting...

Try the Bell Star. Their carbons are the SHIZNIT! I have worn Suomy since they were in the US up until the Bells in the last few years and the Bell was a bit of a question mark for me. But, once I got it, inspected it and even wore a few prototypes, it was awesome. Easton-Bell sports is a HUGE company and can make changes when and if needed...

Shoei and Arai are awesome also for sure...

if you r wanting airflow, the RF1100 flows alot more air than the qwest.

the qwest is a quieter though.

I've read that; however, the Qwest is basically the same helmet as the RF-1100 but with the vents altered for optimized airflow with a more upright seating position (according to Shoei) which I have on my Z1000. It's for sport touring/touring whereas the RF-1100 is more sport posture oriented. Can't be worse than my EXO...I can't really feel any airflow in that thing but on the plus side, it's pretty quiet.

Try the Bell Star. Their carbons are the SHIZNIT! I have worn Suomy since they were in the US up until the Bells in the last few years and the Bell was a bit of a question mark for me. But, once I got it, inspected it and even wore a few prototypes, it was awesome. Easton-Bell sports is a HUGE company and can make changes when and if needed...

Shoei and Arai are awesome also for sure...

Thanks. I tried a few Suomy's on at the IP last weekend and they didn't fit me well either for the same reason as the Nexx. Not sure what model though. I had an Arai in the past and tried a few on at the IP but I don't care for how close the chin section is to my mouth on those. I can literally touch my lips to it with little effort.

For some reason, I've never liked Bell helmets even though I've never owned them. I guess since they produce a lot of cheapie helmets (I used to see them at Kmart, etc), I always had the perception that they were cheaply made.

My very first helmet ever was a shoei dirt bike helmet. I saved for months for that thing when I was a kid and absolutely loved it. As such, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Shoei and this will be my first Shoei street. I ordered a hi-vis color combo. Doesn't quite match the orange/white bike but hopefully I'll be a bit more visible.

Thanks. I tried a few Suomy's on at the IP last weekend and they didn't fit me well either for the same reason as the Nexx. Not sure what model though. I had an Arai in the past and tried a few on at the IP but I don't care for how close the chin section is to my mouth on those. I can literally touch my lips to it with little effort.

For some reason, I've never liked Bell helmets even though I've never owned them. I guess since they produce a lot of cheapie helmets (I used to see them at Kmart, etc), I always had the perception that they were cheaply made.

My very first helmet ever was a shoei dirt bike helmet. I saved for months for that thing when I was a kid and absolutely loved it. As such, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Shoei and this will be my first Shoei street. I ordered a hi-vis color combo. Doesn't quite match the orange/white bike but hopefully I'll be a bit more visible.

Bell has come a LOOOOOOONG ways, man. Trust me, in the sport I am in, I don't skimp on my helmets. The Bell Star and RS-1 for that matter are some of the best available. A lot of great choices, actually, but Bell is a great helmet and has served me rather well. You really should check out the RS-1 or Star. The RS-1 actually fits a little different, but sounds like you may need to try helmets on for sure due to head shape.

It's too bad about the Nexx lids as they look pretty awesome in design and even graphics...

• Upvote 1

bell has come a looooooong ways, man. Trust me, in the sport i am in, i don't skimp on my helmets. The bell star and rs-1 for that matter are some of the best available. A lot of great choices, actually, but bell is a great helmet and has served me rather well.

this

They do, and I just love my QWEST. Thought about getting that color combo, went with good ole white instead.

• Upvote 1