Swingarm Bobbin Weld bent help?

cornbreadxd

So I installed my T-rex spools on my sv1000 and tried to lift the bike with my pit posse stand which in turn slid and the weight of the bike was resting on the left spool which was all jacked up, it was scary because the bike was about to fall on my car (double destruction:eek:).

I was able to get the bike down and T-rex sent me new spools because the derlin was done at that point. Now I put my bike on the stand with the new spool and the tab under the swingarm is bent. FFFUUUUGGG!!

The bike can rest on the stand but the stand seems slightly bent and the spool is bent more, I'm sure I can use the stand because the other spool rests on it fine. so my question is, can a new 8mm tab be welded onto the swingarm?

Anyone know where I can get this done (I'm in Cleveland)and can it be done with the swingarm on the bike, I really don't want to take it off because It's a pain to adjust the chain and wheel alignment etc...

ok I gotta get a torch then, I tried to muscle it back and just bent the bolt...sooo i need a stronger bolt also

Not an SV expert but I'm sure its aluminum...aluminum doesnt "UN" bend very well. Heat is the only way you might bend it back, but more than likely it will just break off. If it does, tig welding a tab back on shouldnt mess with its structural integrity.