wicked

Exarch

http://www.victoriatheatre.com/shows/wicked/

I was wondering if anyone here has seen it and if it's worth the $250 to spend on the tickets. I'm thinking about getting front row tickets, but may consider some cheaper tickets. I have never been to the Schuster center before and I don't want to sit in crappy seats.

Any thoughts?

I didn't watch the video... But if it's the wicked broadway, its on my gf's bucket list..

-VanDy

They have this on video? Shoot, I'd rather pay $20 and watch it on DVD than $ 250 and in person :lol: I don't think the wife would agree with me though =/

I've seen it. It was good. Better than I expected actually if you can appreciate acting and a good voice (even if you aren't normally a fan of theater. I'm not normally a fan). But def not worth $250. I bought tix for like $50 each for a friend (they were on the cheap end) and could see everything fine.

Honestly, I'd say spend $100 if you want a little better seats than I had and use the savings on bike gear ;)

I've seen it. It was good. Better than I expected actually if you can appreciate acting and a good voice (even if you aren't normally a fan of theater. I'm not normally a fan). But def not worth $250. I bought tix for like $50 each for a friend (they were on the cheap end) and could see everything fine.

Honestly, I'd say spend $100 if you want a little better seats than I had and use the savings on bike gear ;)

I meant $250 for 2 people, I don't think I'd go to a play by myself. I'm guessing you sat in the balcony? I do like the wizard of Oz and I don't mind plays or musical, but it's not something I'd be into on a regular basis.

How true does the play stay to the movie? Or is it something more/less unrelated?

I saw this two or three years ago at the Ohio Theater with the wife and family, and it was an awesome show!

I liked it better than the Phantom of the Opera, but not quite as good as the Lion King.

I don't remember what we paid per ticket...but it wasn't cheap. I do remember it was worth it though, and I'd see it again without hesitation.

Wicked is the story of how the Wicked Witch of the West came to be. It's not at all the story of Oz.

Two thumbs up from me!

Cool, might stick with the more expensive tickets, I think ill order em this or next week.

I don't think I could do phantom of opera, my ex saw it 13 times while we were together and I managed to avoid it every single time. I don't mind musicals, but I can't stand opera.