WTF - PoPo everywhere

bacchus

I'm still commuting to Delaware everyday from N'Albany and I decided to take the freeway. Hit 270 and lurched to a dead stop. Turns out, a mile up the road, there were 2 county mounties lazing traffic going the other (clockwise) way. Oh, and a rear end collision about .2 miles behind them...I'm sure, caused by somebody not ready for the brakes lights in the fast lane.

Before I get to 71, I see 2 more (staties this time), 5 more on 71 (staties and a CPD) and at least 4 more on 36/37 before I get into Delaware. And of course, 2 locals while I'm rolling through town.

Is something going on that I'm not aware of? The commute took me almost an hour this morning.

Ah, that makes sense then...at least as far as the staties. I've got a friend who just had to have his diesel tanks banded and welded for this reason.

Why are the local mounties and county mounties jumping on the bandwagon, though?

I know there are a lot in Pickerington because they just lowered the speed limit on Hill Rd/256 from 50 mph to 45 and the cops have been eating people up.

Stupid decision by city council. Its because p-town has become one big truck stop.

A cop friend in Toledo said the state of Ohio just got some massive grant for police enforcement employees and they they where in a hiring frenzy... Don't know how true it is but would make sense that there would be more on duty now!?

I was in Lancaster, OH on Thursday. I can't remember a time where a local area police force was so active. Cruisers were everywhere on 22 and 37. County and city forces were out and I even saw a few Staties. Many in transit but several parked on the roadside doing what they do best.

Is that normal for Lancaster?

Also, posted separately, Columbus received a federal grant for giving tickets in construction zones. Good for the entire Summer. That will cause lots of activity and revenue. (People aren't slowing down in the construction downtown, and that will be a big target.)

And more importantly, this is an election year. I've always noticed much increased county activity in election years. That will last till the election is over. It might be my imagination, but I always thought that the city/township and state increased their revenue/tickets at the same time in the election years.

And there is always the just because people are getting really bad driving habits, and most of them deserve a few tickets to adjust their behavior. Even the old "get a few of them off the road".

edit: ok, one more. High school just graduated. As well as colleges. Patrols always increase for the start of Summer, when all the new drivers from high school hit the road.

Edited by ReconRat