fiberglass repair

ama146

I lowsided yesterday at nelson and was wondering if anyone knows of any good fiberglass repair places? It would save me a ton of money over buying a new set of upper fairings. I am near the Fairlawn area, so the closer the better!

I've suggested this stuff before since it does everything from filling in gouges/scratches to rebuilding tabs and seams.

http://www.plastex.net/index.php?pr=Home_Page

BUT, it's a DIY -- as for shops in your area, I can't recommend any

full race body kits aren't severely expensive and may be able to order just the pieces you need. Friend of mine bought a Sharkskinz bodykit for his F3 and was less than $800 total

Edited by Hellmutt

Will that work on fiberglass? I have sharkskinz which is fiberglass, not plastic. and a new upper fairing (what i need) will run me $350, not all THAT much but I want to save as much as I possibly can because I am only a poor college student

You killed her!!!! :cry:

I'm glad your ok bikes are just tools to get us down the road fast. I would go and get sharks again. They fit the best and actually hold up the best. Salvage all the clips since they are pricey too. Call me I have a brand new tank if you need one.

Edited by c7fx

I'm good, not a scratch or bruise on me. Good gear pays off. And the tank still holds fuel so I was just going to keep it on there for now Jeff. And if I replace the broken fairing, I will surely get sharkskinz again. Very good quality

Sorry to hear about the wreck, looks from the video like you tucked the front under trail braking or loading the front by the way the bars went and you went down. Also you might want to check to see if Todd is going to allow that tank to pass tech, bc that is a pretty major dent and looks to be jacked on the edge.

The bridgestone guy (don't remember his name) said he would run it how it is and said it was fine. He obviously isn't a race director, but ill ask Todd anyway. Ill take some closer pics and email him

The bridgestone guy (don't remember his name) said he would run it how it is and said it was fine. He obviously isn't a race director, but ill ask Todd anyway. Ill take some closer pics and email him

Have you seen quinten's bike....hell he has half of the bike missing. Like I said you need to think of safety aspect for both you and others if it is sharp and cause damage.