Move to Arizona?

r6allstar

I have a job interview this Friday for a job in Scottsdale, AZ... anybody know anything about the area there? All my family lives here in Ohio.. never been out west. Hate to leave them but I guess it wouldnt have to be permanent. Would any of you do it if you had the chance?

I lived about 15 min.(depending upon time of day) West of Scottsdale for a year or so. I loved the late fall, winter, and early spring. The 95-120 temps the rest really suck.

I had my truck stolen... Everything after that I owned was alarmed, and twice it saved my motorcycle.

The roads north of Phoenix area are sweet for riding.

There's a ton of stinkin illegals, and they aren't afraid to say so.

Scottsdale is very high class, it was always fun to visit and see the high class pretty girls.

Give a shot, you might like it. It wasn't my cup of tea.

I lived about 15 min.(depending upon time of day) West of Scottsdale for a year or so. I loved the late fall, winter, and early spring. The 95-120 temps the rest really suck.

I had my truck stolen... Everything after that I owned was alarmed, and twice it saved my motorcycle.

The roads north of Phoenix area are sweet for riding.

There's a ton of stinkin illegals, and they aren't afraid to say so.

Scottsdale is very high class, it was always fun to visit and see the high class pretty girls.

Give a shot, you might like it. It wasn't my cup of tea.

What didnt you like about it? Were you in the Glendale area?

Seems like there are a wide variety of opinions.. sounds like it would be nice though. I guess if I didnt like it I could always come back. Who knows, I might not even get the job, I guess I shouldnt put the carriage before the horse lol.

Well everyone may think this is crazy, but it rained I think 3 days out of 16 months I was there. I actually really missed the rain. Other than that it was always sunny, which equates to overly hot. I much prefer 70 all year than 120. Finally with the weather, there's no seasons. The landscape is always brown (desert) and the cactus are always green. To me, it became a bit depressing.

Second, as I mentioned, the theft. I didn't like having to lock up tight as a drum and worry about my stuff when I'm not occupying it. I lived in a good area near as I could tell.

I would certainly go back and visit, maybe stay for a month or so during our winter months, but I don't want to live there again.

I lived in Deer Valley. The 17 North and the 101 intersection basically.

Finally, I think it was a great experience, I'd much rather live in Ohio. Ultimately I want to live in Eastern TN or far Western NC.

My .02.

I'd love to live somewhere warm all year round.

Sadly I have been all over the eastern half of the US and I couldnt find anywhere i would rather come home to than central ohio. Yea, there are

places where it is warm year round but there are other drawbacks in each one namely homeless people and missing the change of seasons and the snow. Yes, you would miss it eventually and want to come home for christmas too.

I have not been west of the grand ole mississippi but the things that ive heard are enough to not head that direction. Ohio is just average all around and thats good enough for this average Joe. East is too crowded, south is too hot, north is too cold and west is too empty and then too crowded at the coast.

I know I sound like that girl with the three bears but thats just the way I feel.

Cleveland doesn't ROCK but OHIO is as close as it gets.:beathorse:

I like Ohio, although I like the emptiness of the west. Not west coast, but the west. I've been all over this nation except Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Hawaii, and California. We traveled all over as a family. Been from Maine down to FL. North Dakota down to New Mexico. I've just never been to the 5 states I mentioned earlier. This is a beautiful country believe it or not. :)

Will find out more tomorrow. Interview from Friday got postponed until tomorrow. I will probably take the job if it is offered (have my doubts). Like I said, we only live once so we might as well do it someplace warm lol. I would have to fly back for the GP race..or just sell the tix and go to Laguna instead.

I agree with Dustin. I lived in Vegas for a year and at first the constant sun is nice to ride in, but you do miss rain and snow. (I know it's not Arizona, but damn well close enough, especially weather-wise.) I was so happy the first time it rained when I lived there. I had my motorcycle stolen in Vegas from a gated/guarded apartment complex. My biggest gripe was that everything always had this layer of grime on it because it never rained. The dirt and dust just accumulated on everything, so I constantly had to wash my car/bike. When I opened my apartment windows to enjoy the nice weather, that same layer of dust/dirt covered things in the place. It was gross and annoying. I've been just about everywhere in the States and I do enjoy central Ohio quite a bit. It's got just about everything. :)

Winter's awesome, 60-80 degrees and sunny just about every day. As long as you're still used to Ohio weather it's great, but after a couple of years that 70 starts feeling like 50 as you get used to the 110 degree summers.

There are some great roads too, the one between the Superstition Mountains and Tortilla Flat is great as long as it's not clogged with tourists. There's some nice riding around Cave Creek. If you head north a couple of hours to Sedona and Oak Creek on up to Flagstaff it's downright dangerous because it's so beautiful you'll end up gaping at the scenery instead of the road.