FS Helwan Brigadier Parts Gun ONLY

Cheech

So about 4 years ago I bought this Helwan Brigadier (Egyptian clone of a Beretta 1951 Brigadier) at a gun store up north of Columbus for about $250. I put about 250 rounds through this thing before I brought it to my buddy's get-together where my pistol met Ed. Ed is a complete idiot when it comes to guns, and it is because of him that I have booted out people who can't properly handle firearms. Anyway, Ed somehow finds the takedown lever on the slide and separates the slide from the chassis. That wouldn't be a problem, unless he dropped a key pin that sits right under the barrel into the brush, and that puppy is gone forever. I have not attempted to fire any rounds through it since that happened. The slide is highly erratic, sometimes it will fully cycle back, most of the time it will not. If you can find this pin (or even have it machined), you can have yourself a cheap, reliable service pistol. In 250 rounds, it hasn't misfired or jammed on me once. Safety and mag release are all working fine. Pistol comes with two magazines, and snap caps if I still have them. Asking for $150, they are currently selling for $300.

The part that I'm looking for is here, it's the pin directly to the left of 5A. It's about 2, maybe 3cm in length with a blunt-pointed end on one side. I'll try and throw some pics up when I get home.

Just looked at the barrel, and the locking block retaining screw is directly in front of the locking block. I need the pin that's behind it.

Found this Beretta 951 manual: http://www.berettaweb.com/Munuals/Beretta%20951_E.pdf

Looks like you need part 37, the locking catch control pin.

Quick Google search found no parts, but a couple of folks missing theirs. Maybe a gunsmith would have one, know where to get one, or be able to fab something for ya.

Price drop to $100 firm, that plus a couple of bucks at a machine shop will be able to make the pin that I lost and you'll have a full-functioning 9mm pistol for WAY cheap.

• 7 months later...