formula 1

e-flores

ok maybe im the only one....

but here goes.

i was watching the first practice from melbourne today and i couldnt be more pleased. traction control gone, spec ecu's in, and we kept spec tires from bridgestone. :D

it was great to see the guys having problems braking into hard corners, and it was even better to see lewis kick the mclearen into one of the biggest power slides i have seen in a long time. mmmmmm mmmmm mmmm

this season looks great

Well the traction control would be it's own form of launch control So we will be seeing more cars go up in smoke on the starts.

I figured it would be safer to allow launch control so no cars sit and spin on the start and don't have to be dodged.

Ok this is a little off of the subject but did anyone watch the NASCAR race in Atlanta last week? I thought it was a great race for the fans due to Goodyear brought a really hard tire and the cars were coming out of the corners almost sideways. Tony Stewart ( spokesman for the I Bitch about Everything Group or IBAEG) Was whining that he was nearly wrecking at every corner but Kyle Bush (spokesman for I can drive a loose race car)( sorry oversteering race car for all you F1 guys) Won the race handily and other than all of the bitching and Kyle running away with the win, It was a great race. How often do you see someone go into the pits first and come out last and 30 laps later he is leading the race again...... unheard of in motorsports nowadays. So no traction control for F1 is my cup of tea and maybe ill start catching some races if there is some tire smoke instead of

circuit board smoke.:)

I'm all for seeing who has the best "driver ability" but I thought F1 was supposed to be the epitome of racing technology? It was the only sport that was damn near perfect given all the electronic controls in the cars from the FI systems, to the ECUs, to the Traction Control and ABS-type gizmos. I mean, it was a sport for engineers to shine along with the drivers. Of course, that's just my humble opinion. I don't watch enough F1 and know a lot about it.

But to relate to my drag racing experience, it's like Pro Stock. Its pretty stupid that they still make those guys run carbs and don't allow traction control. Instead of turning 6.70's, I would bet Ol' Warren Johnson with a 500ci Fuel injected pro stock would be turning 6.20's-6.30s all day if not quicker. Some of these sanctioning bodies need to embrace the technology rather than shun it. Eventually a lot of this stuff makes it to our daily drivers and I'd much rather have them performance testing it under the harshest conditions than in some spec lab. Trial by fire!

I'll get down from my soapbox now. Sorry guys.

Ok guys... I watched that race start to finish and thats the first time in years that I didnt fast forward at least some of the races that i watch(usually due to there are soooo many to watch and only one sunday to do it in). That was an awesome race with mistakes and all for everyone to see. How about the Ferrari's all breaking down and the screwed up braking into the dirt. The accidentally overdone engine breaking and the bump and break while trying to pass each other. That is what racing is all about. Make a mistake and it should cost you the race or the least mistakes wins. OUTSTANDING

Tony Stewart ( spokesman for the I Bitch about Everything Group or IBAEG) Was whining that he was nearly wrecking at every corner but Kyle Bush (spokesman for I can drive a loose race car)( sorry oversteering race car for all you F1 guys)

Vector we can no longer be friends! I was in arrendance at Bristol this weekend and was really excited to watch my favorite driver lead the most laps only to be wiped out by his on/off track buddy Kevin Harvick.

So, until you revoke your statement about Tony Stewart, I will be excercising the ignore feature. LOL jk

I'm all for seeing who has the best "driver ability" but I thought F1 was supposed to be the epitome of racing technology? It was the only sport that was damn near perfect given all the electronic controls in the cars from the FI systems, to the ECUs, to the Traction Control and ABS-type gizmos. I mean, it was a sport for engineers to shine along with the drivers. Of course, that's just my humble opinion. I don't watch enough F1 and know a lot about it.

But to relate to my drag racing experience, it's like Pro Stock. Its pretty stupid that they still make those guys run carbs and don't allow traction control. Instead of turning 6.70's, I would bet Ol' Warren Johnson with a 500ci Fuel injected pro stock would be turning 6.20's-6.30s all day if not quicker. Some of these sanctioning bodies need to embrace the technology rather than shun it. Eventually a lot of this stuff makes it to our daily drivers and I'd much rather have them performance testing it under the harshest conditions than in some spec lab. Trial by fire!

I'll get down from my soapbox now. Sorry guys.

Typical American ingenuity.. Look at Harley Davidson they just last year put 6 speed transmission and changed the engine some what after 20 years.

NASCRAP is the same thing. The cars don't resemble anything you can buy, and are just old school technology with some new age design. The sport does nothing to better consumer car performance for MFGs like Formula and MotoGP racing does for the car/bike world.

Typical American ingenuity.. Look at Harley Davidson they just last year put 6 speed transmission and changed the engine some what after 20 years.

NASCRAP is the same thing. The cars don't resemble anything you can buy, and are just old school technology with some new age design. The sport does nothing to better consumer car performance for MFGs like Formula and MotoGP racing does for the car/bike world.

agreed......

Vector we can no longer be friends! I was in arrendance at Bristol this weekend and was really excited to watch my favorite driver lead the most laps only to be wiped out by his on/off track buddy Kevin Harvick.

So, until you revoke your statement about Tony Stewart, I will be excercising the ignore feature. LOL jk

and tony stewart does suck, until he learns how to turn right and use brakes properly turn the ignore feature on.

I was also excited to watch that race after the whiner stopped leading and yes I was obviously happy w the tire selection because it made it a drivers race. I am not saying this because I like the punk ass bitch that won the race as I am a Jeff Gordon fan and he didnt do too well for some reason. Im sorry that you are a Tony Stwrt fan but just be glad the fat as hairy sombitch couldnt fit in an Indy car so he had to go to nascar that gave you a driver (That Doesent Shave the day of the race) to root for.....hehehe

I was also excited to watch that race after the whiner stopped leading and yes I was obviously happy w the tire selection because it made it a drivers race. I am not saying this because I like the punk ass bitch that won the race as I am a Jeff Gordon fan and he didnt do too well for some reason. Im sorry that you are a Tony Stwrt fan but just be glad the fat as hairy sombitch couldnt fit in an Indy car so he had to go to nascar that gave you a driver (That Doesent Shave the day of the race) to root for.....hehehe

Yeah it was a good race, I had a blast at the track. I like Jeff "weiner in is butt and mouth at the same time" Gordon he can drive... oh yeah nevermind I've got the ignore feature on. (fingers in my ears) lalalala can't here you.

Vector do you go to any nascap races?

I havent been to one since the 90s when i worked at a race shop. Now Im too busy to go but want to go to bristol badly. Ive been to charlotte and that was just to big to be fun, but damn the beer and women were fun. Ive also been to Eldora, and KC raceway and I built cars for and raced at columbus. I would like to go back to Eldora and KC and take my son but havent had the time or money.

Eldora- owned by The fat-hairy one.hmmmm.

I plan on going to the night race at Bristol this year. this will be my 2nd time. PARTY. If your interested maybe we could get something lined up. I have a few people going already.

Yes he bought it after I was there but i heard he has NOT changed anything except put in some more restrooms. I would love to go to Bristol but arent the tickets impossible to get a hold of and sell out a year or so in advance?

or is that just the windbag announcers talking! If Eldora hasnt changed I would love to go there too and it would be cheaper!!!!