Grattan 3/29-30/08

gixxie750

guess we will be doing fasstrx then lol. With my race class out of the way can i race any race anytime? What happens if i do crash in 1st 2 races?

You will just still have the Provisional status. Once you complete 2 weekends with no crashes then you lose it. If you do crash you still get to race, I don't know if there is any rules that if you go so long you have to the school again or not. But generally it isn't that big a deal.

It is 2 weekends not 2 races. There was a guy at Nashville this year who was a provi, but he crashes to much so keeps the status. Though he did turn the 3rd fastest lap of anyone. Behind a AMA privateer and one other WERA expert. they were the only 3 people to run 1:03s at nashville..

so if i crash it really wont matter besides i still am a provi? Thats not bad then! Being told all weekend not to crash is a seriouse mental block out there on the track. If crashing doesnt matter i will be able to ride normal again lol.

yea wera has endurances races, but only at the national events. fastraxx has their endurance stuff every race weekend. i think me and brian, maybe another trickster will do a couple fastraxx (however it's spelled!) endurances this year, see if we can't wax some people....hehehe

Is there a 750 class? We want to run our 03 GSXR750's.

They have the same as WERA in terms of classes per CC size. Lightweight, Middleweight and Heavyweight.

You'd have to enter HW in either WERA of Fasttrax (FT). WERA has Superstock and Superbike in MW and HW and the LW class is SB rules...

For FT, we'd enter HW with a 600, even. Their rules do NOT grid based on points, but rather HW in the first wave, MW second wave, and LW third with an Iron Butt in the fourth. We do HW so we can get in the first wave. Plus, it isn't tough running their HW class with a 600. Every race we've done has been on a 600 and we've won the overall...

yea wera has endurances races, but only at the national events. fastraxx has their endurance stuff every race weekend. i think me and brian, maybe another trickster will do a couple fastraxx (however it's spelled!) endurances this year, see if we can't wax some people....hehehe

If only I qualified as a trickster... :(:nono:

Thats it,, I think Im going to get my license this summer.. or at least try.

usually you do the 1 pit stop every hour thing. but it depends on your fuel consumption and how well of shape you are in. 3 hours i'd just stick to one set of tires and do 1 stop every hour.

I know i should look for some rulebook but well....

How many pit stops do you fet and how many riders in FT?

One of the things many of the FT endurance guys do that is really a bad thing to do for endurance racing is they pit too early and too often.

What typically happens is that three or four "buddies" go in to a year of FT racing and they all want the same amount of seat time. So, they figure on pulling each rider in at 30 minutes for equal time, etc.

Rule #1 with ANY endurance racing - run until you NEED to pit. A race can NOT be won in the pits, but you can easily chalk up a loss in the pits...

Run the stints until you NEED fuel. Typically, that is 40-45 minutes each time out. We usually ran two riders for the FT 3 hour races. That's each rider getting 45 minutes in their first stint, the first guy gets another full 45 and the second guy gets the remaining amount of time (Usually less than 45...).

What we used to do is start our fastest guy or the guy who starts the best. That excluded me as I suck at starts!! but, if you run three guys, run the second guy as the fastest of your group. If you run three riders, that way the fastest guy runs the most time. He'd be in rotation to be second on his first stint and would run after the thrid guy... That way, you finish strong and can make up anything that was lost.

All the FT guys promote fun and having a good time. However, when ANYONE races, they race to win something. Whether that is money or a plaque. So, if you want to win, stopping every 30 minutes isn't the formula. If a team comes in and does fast pit stops and does them only when needed, they usually crush the FT regulars...