Pirelli superbike pro slicks?

candybluzx6

Dunlop GPAs will get you long life if using warmers. Otherwise, they will take a good while to come in at the mid "I" pace. They take around 1-2 laps at "A" level pace...

I found that out the hard way after lowsiding in the carrousel :nono: .. I freakin love those tires though! I was talking to the dude at the dunlop trailer during AMA weekend and he said no need for warmers.. Just take a few laps to get some heat in them. I'm too poor for warmers.. andddd no room in my car/trailer for a generator lol.

I found that out the hard way after lowsiding in the carrousel :nono: .. I freakin love those tires though! I was talking to the dude at the dunlop trailer during AMA weekend and he said no need for warmers.. Just take a few laps to get some heat in them. I'm too poor for warmers.. andddd no room in my car/trailer for a generator lol.

It's true you can ride a GPA w/o warmers. Done it several times. The thing is that the tires are not optimal if you go out w/o them. Meaning, it takes several laps and depending on your skill level, can take even more. If you have warmers, there is still a bit of a timeline to get them to where they need to be. But, MUCH quicker and can then be maintained vs cooling completely and putting them through several heat cycles and shortening their life.

Very interested in this thread. Just received my warmers in the mail today. So i need to decide which tires. My first stab was pirelli supercorsas but open to opinions. I have been running Q2's which I have been relatively happy with. Last tire started to de-laminate on me in one track day so I swapped it out. Did a track day at beaver this past weekend and just shy of the wear bars on a new Q2 in one day. I guess i'm looking for a DOT race that might last 4+ track days. thanks for the opinions.

I have been happy with my pirellis. They have lasted me 2 full days, 3 races, & about 45 min of practice. The rear is toast I have put a full day at mido on the front since.

Which compounds front to rear? Buy them trackside from Todd?

Todd turned me onto the Corsa Rosso and I've been stupid happy with them. They're not a full out race tire so no warmers needed but I'd imagine if you're burning through a Q2 in one day even these might not last you very long.