Pirelli superbike pro slicks?

candybluzx6

Honestly, a decent tire. However, for the money, the US Dunlops are pretty freakin amazing. And, cheaper. The US slick won Mid-Ohio and was used by the top 8, I think?

The UK stuff is great if you are fast enough to use them. Otherwise, with the focus Dunlop has put on the US stuff, they are damn good. I got beat today by Matt Carr running the US slick. I was using the UK Slick and gotta say that he had a bit better drive than I had today.

Oh, NTec is the technology they use to make the tire. The US stuff is also NTec...

^ As Brian stated, The us tires have come a looooooong way. When we asked Steve Rapp which tire had more edge grip he preffered the us tire over the uk. However that tire is a 200/55/17. If youre just riding them for your zx6r stick with a dot.

Honestly, a decent tire. However, for the money, the US Dunlops are pretty freakin amazing. And, cheaper. The US slick won Mid-Ohio and was used by the top 8, I think?

The UK stuff is great if you are fast enough to use them. Otherwise, with the focus Dunlop has put on the US stuff, they are damn good. I got beat today by Matt Carr running the US slick. I was using the UK Slick and gotta say that he had a bit better drive than I had today.

Oh, NTec is the technology they use to make the tire. The US stuff is also NTec...

i use whatever the bossman has leftover.

i use whatever the bossman has leftover.

So, you are using the Dunlop GPA then. I think he's asking about the slick Pirelli.

I think the US slick is the way to go. Not only a great savings in $399 a set complete front and rear, but also performance wise, a better choise.

Personally, I'd run the new compound GPAs as they are the same compound as the US slicks and are getting GREAT reviews.

ok acouple questions on the dunlops. would they be ok to run without warmers at a mid pack "I" pace at mid ohio. and will they work ok on stock suspension? and how many track days do u think they could take. the reason i was looking at the pirellis is the life span and they say it is a more trackday type of tire and it comes in a 180

One thing to consider is if you really need race compound tires yet. Think about the Q2s. We were doing 36s on Q2s front and rear and hold up great. No warmers needed obviously since a street/track day tire.

Dunlop GPAs will get you long life if using warmers. Otherwise, they will take a good while to come in at the mid "I" pace. They take around 1-2 laps at "A" level pace...

I know im far away from needing a full on race tire but i have have been running the bt016s and after 5 days they seem about done. From the reviews of the pirelli i should be able to make them last a whole season and there not a full race tire but would carry me in to A ( when i get there :( ).

I know im far away from needing a full on race tire but i have have been running the bt016s and after 5 days they seem about done. From the reviews of the pirelli i should be able to make them last a whole season and there not a full race tire but would carry me in to A ( when i get there :( ).

The bto16s are junk, I have used them and they were toast after 1 day. Q2, michelin power pures, pirelli supercorsa or something close will be a way better bet.

If you do the slicks from Pirelli, you'll need warmers... Even though they are classified as an entry level track day tire, they are still a race compound and will need heat prior to riding...

The Q2s are really good. 5 days is a stretch for ANY tire. You have to remember that in 5 days, you are on track around 35 sessions. That's a lot of riding and a lot to ask of a set of tires. If you get 5 days from the shitstones, you'll get longer from the Q2. But, I am sorta amazed at the length of time you're getting...

Brian we don't all run your pace. :p

Not a worry, but again, if he does the Pirelli slicks and no warmers, he's wasting money. Plus, when they do get hot under track riding and he comes in and they cool with no warmers, he will heat cycle the things every session and ruin them.

Slicks = warmers.

Q2s = lasts a long time and great for track day use.

So, you are using the Dunlop GPA then. I think he's asking about the slick Pirelli.

I think the US slick is the way to go. Not only a great savings in $399 a set complete front and rear, but also performance wise, a better choise.

Personally, I'd run the new compound GPAs as they are the same compound as the US slicks and are getting GREAT reviews.

not yet, i'm still running through his used UK ntec's at the moment. he didn't start getting the gpa's until his recent ama adventure.

On the q2s is there a speciale one to get or r they all the same.. for example the bt016 has a stocker and the pro

All the same. They are marketed as a "track biased street tire" and i rode them into "A" and even did some racing on them last year.

I'm not Brian, so :36's were out of the question at Mid Ohio, but i want to say i was in the mid to low 40's on Q2's with no issues (that weren't track/weather related)