Inform me

Hoblick

motoseries?

Rape-Ewok-PREPARE-YOUR-ANUS.jpg

not because we're fast or anything, but mostly due to the rampant grab-assing ghey factory.

any racing is good racing though.

i think you just need gear, money, and a prepped bike and a robust ego.

Do Moto Series. Great starting program and honestly, once you get faster, there is plenty of solid talent to compete against. Plus, the series is the closest and it will save you on fuel. Everything is done in one day ad you'd be home around 7-8pm.

Plus, they are at Putnam in three weeks!! Trust me, it won't be a cluster F like MCRA was.

Do Moto Series. Great starting program and honestly, once you get faster, there is plenty of solid talent to compete against. Plus, the series is the closest and it will save you on fuel. Everything is done in one day ad you'd be home around 7-8pm.

Plus, they are at Putnam in three weeks!! Trust me, it won't be a cluster F like MCRA was.

Yeah Hob's plus there is already 3 of us in Cbus that go to about every round. I will be at more next season, if not every.

MS is where it's at! Adding tracks every season, Todd's good people too man, just ask Cox about how he took care of him.

Oh and like Redkow said, I just want another snuggle buddy, Craig's getting old, and Brandon is always spooning with Jinu.

Yeah Hob's plus there is already 3 of us in Cbus that go to about every round. I will be at more next season, if not every.

MS is where it's at! Adding tracks every season, Todd's good people too man, just ask Cox about how he took care of him.

Oh and like Redkow said, I just want another snuggle buddy, Craig's getting old, and Brandon is always spooning with Jinu.

I should be back next season :nono:

i do wera with no experience with motoseries.

if i were still in ohio, i'd be in motoseries in a heartbeat. just some familiarity would be awesome. i haven't been in a race at a track that i already knew, this mostly in part due to my moving recently but it's a big change to learn all these new tracks vs motoseries where i know nelson and can ride it relatively well.

i hope to one day wildcard at a nelson event, or the grattan event when motoseries comes to play in michigan.

i do wera with no experience with motoseries.

if i were still in ohio, i'd be in motoseries in a heartbeat. just some familiarity would be awesome. i haven't been in a race at a track that i already knew, this mostly in part due to my moving recently but it's a big change to learn all these new tracks vs motoseries where i know nelson and can ride it relatively well.

i hope to one day wildcard at a nelson event, or the grattan event when motoseries comes to play in michigan.

We have Grattan Oct 20/21, I know all of us are planning on that event. Come out and re-meet some of us bro!

Thats MS for reference.

hmmm... Putnam round with a flipped rear tire is tempting... Student loan check hits on 8/10/12, and I convinced the wife that one more race weekend is my reward for being frugal all summer :D

unless someone buys my bike before then, I'll see you guys at one of the later rounds. Might "just" be Nelson to keep travel costs in check, but Putnam would be a good excuse to visit some friends too. Decision time!

IMHO

"novice" racing is really a ton different now than it was 10, and definitely 20 years ago.

Trackdays give people a place to learn and get pretty damn fast before they ever take a race school and go racing. There are still some people who do 1 or 2 trackdays and then immediately go racing, but that's the exception to the rule for sure.

All that said, a competent "Intermediate" rider won't be a hazard in a race situation as long as you're not spooked by being lapped by the leaders.

There's a wide range of talent in any race, especially if it's a combined Novice/Expert grid with a 2-wave start. In my first race ever, the top 2 Experts lapped me, but not before I had lapped the bottom 5 or 6 novices myself...

I would conservatively estimate that on any given track, there will be approximately a 10-12 second PER MILE difference between the expert winner and the last novice. Of course a particularly slow rider can skew that very easily, but at Nelson that means the top guys are in the 1:08 range, and the slowest are in the 1:30 range.

I can't remember if BeaveRun is 1.6 or 1.8 miles, but the fastest guys do are all under a minute, and I have seen :57's turned there... That puts slow novices in the neighborhood of 1:17

As long as there is 1 other person to race against, it's all fun. I need to go out and swap positions with Brandon (inuendo fully intended) for a few races next time funds allow. Who cares if there are 2 people in front of us, or 20?