Startloc anti-theft alarm

bandit12

http://www.serviceguardsystems.com/pdf/SVG-UTD_Brochure.pdf

Has anyone used on of these or had any dealings with one? My kids GS500 has one on it and I think it is what drains the battery if he doesn't ride it for 3-4 days. I have checked the battery when full charged, under starting load and thru the RPM range, the charging system seems to be up to snuff and the battery was supposed to be new when we got it about two months ago and looks it.

He had trouble with it starting today and he just bump started it, it fired right off and it did it again after we rode for about 40 minutes, he had to bump start it. I just went to the garage and hit the start button on the key chain the the bike's starter button and it started right up with no problem. I'm wondering also if it may not activate and makes the bike act like it has a dead battery.

I have never had to deal with an alarm system on a bike and I ask because I'm afraid if I unwire this thing there will be a factory wire that will be missed and it really won't run.

Oh, I have no papers with this thing.

Edited by bandit12

Seems like a simple plug-n-go setup with relay adapters included. Find the unit on the bike and check its connection to the bike, shouldn't be too complicated compared to the pics in the brochure. Worst case looks like you may need to chop a power lead and ground from where it would butt-connect in. Worth a try to see if its the culprit.

After I posted the question I went to the garage, took the seat and tail section off the bike so nothing was hidden. I then sit down with a notebook and wrote where every wire went and it truely is a plug and go unit.

The wires have the right connectors to plug into the factory wiring with no splices. I have one wire that was added to the factory wiring that now goes nowhere, I believe it was to make the brake light flash if the alarm was set off. It is not needed because the bike starts and runs fine and all the lights work, hopefully this solves the problem.

One reason for the hesitation in jumping right in was the pdf said something like if you can change a relay you can wire this, so I was thinking great what factory parts are missing to hook this unit in?

Short answer, nothing missing.

Thanks for the input Hellmutt.