anyone here got a 2011 or 2012 civic handy? Need a favor if so...

magley64

IF anyone here has a new civic, could you get a shot of the spare tire pan for me, and let me know if it's still stamped metal?

As opposed to what? Floor pans are pretty much all stamped sheet metal.

**EDIT** At work right now, looks like we have a late model Civic coming in. I should be able to get you some pics.

Edited by Ziggy

As opposed to what? Floor pans are pretty much all stamped sheet metal.

**EDIT** At work right now, looks like we have a late model Civic coming in. I should be able to get you some pics.

I'm not really at liberty to say... but lets just say, it might be something different coming down the pike.

Took a pic on my phone, and it shows on the phone just fine, but when I try to send the pic anywhere, it doesn't show up right. The car I was looking at was a 2012 Civic 4 door with a build date of 1/12. Stamped steel sheet metal floor pan in the trunk.

So, I've been thinking about it, and now I'm curious. Is Honda going to start using some kind of composite floor pan? Lots of OEMs are using composite core supports these days, figure its only a matter of time before composites start becoming a bigger percentage of construction.