Possible need Lifted Ford F250 Mechanic 6.0 4x4

madcat6183

So the local mechanic I use has had my keys for 4 weeks at his house, took my truck once to the shop to fix everything, with all the parts in the truck, and basically didn't get it done. I've been waiting for 4 weeks to get this done and would like to have my repairs done before our next long trip to the races Oct 6th.

Anyways, here is what needs done;

1) Power steering pump replacement-I have the new pump, just need the old one for the core charge

2) Replace Rear Axle Seals – I do NOT have these

3) Replace Rear brake pads and rotors – I have these and they have to be pulled anyway for the rear axle seals obviously

4) Full brake fluid flush

Basically, the issue Im having is parts were way cheaper to buy myself, and labor is 1/2 at any local shop, but the local shops are telling me they can't do it with my parts. The truck is LIFTED, and will NOT fit in normal garage doors, only 9 footers and above, and is a long bed, so won't work with all lifts, especially with neg. offset wheels.

I have my mechanic in Lexington that I could go to, but that's an hour north of my house and a real hassle. If I can't find anyone locally to do this by the weekend, I will just be taking it up there anyways, but wanted to offer here.

From what I was told, it's about a 4.5-6hr project on the books for a certified mechanic. CASH obviously.

If anyone has experience with this truck and these kinda things, let me know. I have all the parts except the axle seals.

Thanks