Do GP teams stay in hotels?

ama146

So I am walking to my room in my hotel when the crew chief for Nicky Haydens crew going to his room. Does the entire team stay together? Could Hayden actually be in my hotel with the rest of DUcati (possibly Rossi)?! Hmmm

I am not sure on the GP guys, but last year 2011 for superbike mid ohio, Josh hayes was at the same hotel we stayed at. We were in the lobby having breakfast and josh hayes sits down next to us. Later at the track during the meet and greet, Josh asked us if we enjoyed the breakfast.

At breakfast, I did not ask for an autograph or a picture, I just talked to him for a few minutes and wished him good luck for the weekend.

In fly away rounds they pretty much have to stay in hotels. Their are only a few motor homes in the garage area and I know Rossi has one because i saw him go in it on friday but I don't think he stays in it overnight. If you hang out downtown away from the party scene your bound to run into a rider or two because most of them stay downtown in hotels. I've ran into a few.

Many teams would do that, they want to get away to someplace quiet. I stayed at a small place in Daytona, and found Waltrip and crew had rented the entire place except for where I stayed closest to the beach. The manager was really cautious renting the room to us. Apparently they turned down the kids and took two engineers that probably would be quiet.

Simoncelli was at the hotel we were at last year, we ate breakfast with him and his crew. That was probably more memorable than anything else that happened that weekend.

Awesome, definitely one to always remember and share