Going UP the Poughkeepsie Gulch Trail in Colorado on a WR250R

indypup

Going UP the Poughkeepsie Gulch Trail in Colorado on a WR250R

This trail is very steep. It goes from 10,143 to 12,546 feet in about 4 miles.

This trail is probably the most technically challenging trail in the Ouray area. It connects Mineral Creek on one end to California Gulch and Hurricane Pass on the other end.

It also has a huge Rock Obstacle in the middle called the wall. Unfortunately my batteries died before getting to that part. :(

Are you there now? One of the places that just take your breath away and are a must do. We were just there Aug 12th through the 18th and did most of the trails in my Ridgeline except Black Bear Pass / Imogene Pass due to losing a sway bar end link that broke a wheel speed sensor and Poughkeepsie Gulch due to not being part of a group and not having winch like suggested. Didn't feeling like tempting fate :D

Are you there now? One of the places that just take your breath away and are a must do. We were just there Aug 12th through the 18th and did most of the trails in my Ridgeline except Black Bear Pass / Imogene Pass due to losing a sway bar end link that broke a wheel speed sensor and Poughkeepsie Gulch due to not being part of a group and not having winch like suggested. Didn't feeling like tempting fate :D

No, I was out there the first week in August. Scenery is breathtaking for sure. One of the guys I was with lost his clutch while going up a mountain. He had to push it all the way back down a couple of miles. :(