2008 Yamahahahaha WR250X ballersauce motard supermoto/whatever

jbot

A good friend of mine is selling his 2008 yamaha wr250x. If you don't know what it is, it's an excellent low displacement noob friendly, fuel injected motard/supermoto.

here is the link

pic from CL ad (assuming the image link works):

5La5Hc5J33E23Ka3Mbc8v06eaf319d0b4158d.jpg

recently had new tires, chain, sprockets put on and probably other stuff i don't know about.

he didn't beat up on it since this was his first bike and he was learning. he rode it to work, and did a few rides into the parks system (not off road, though). he is going to be buying a more highway friendly bike... probably an SV650.

if you're interested, check out the CL ad and email him from there.

Is that like a 50 inch seat height?

btw Gladius>SV650 :)

About 35" stock, works great for those of us with an inseam :D

I want too. But no funds. Fridge is acting up so gonna need to replace that. :cry:

I rented a DRZ400SM to ride the dragon in July, now I really want to get a SM of my own.

Craig

haha it's like 34" last i checked

But what about the seat height?

:rimshot:

I seriously want a SuMo, but I just can't justify having 4 bikes and I need my stupidly overpowered sportbike to (not) keep up with Tony on his Gladius.

Edited by Hailwood

oh that's cute... what's next, posting about XR1200 spec racing? hyuk hyuk hyuk

i really just wanted to say Gladii in an antagonistic manner.

anyway, someone buy this thing. i seriously considered buying this but i decided that the next bike i buy will be an adventure/light touring bikes (like one of them bmw f650's or whatnot... whichever one i can comfortably balance).

3K miles for oil change, 26XXX miles between valves

its sad that i know that (learned it when i was shopping supermotos... ended up with a KTM 690SMC and then sold it lol) but that is pretty damned impressive for a motard.

How often the oil need to be changed on these things?

Nice thing about the WR250X is 3000mile oil changes, 26k valve checks and fuel injection. Much better than the race enduros. Ofcourse its also a little heavier and down considerably on power compared to those.

I see it as a nice balance, between the powerful high maintenance race bikes from KTM and Husky and the heavy simpler street legal bikes from the Big 4.

Craig

There a very quality and in depth comparison on smj about the 250x and drz400sm.

Even with the smaller displacement the additional gear allows the smaller 250 to keep up with the 400s. Their great bikes and the maintenance intervals are awesome. Glws nice bike.

he's not the first owner, i believe he's the second. the rear sprocket was pretty well worn out when he got it, and he finally had to change it this summer. i dont think he changed the gearing.

Hi guys! The bike is mine--thanks for the plug, Jinu.

It comes as no surprise, but Craigslist is mostly full of no-shows and scammers.

To answer jlhsv's question, the sprockets are stock size. As far as damage goes, the front fender has some road rash about the size of a dollar bill, plus a minor scrape (couple inches?) on the muffler shield.

The rash is the result of a disagreement the bike and I had about how tight to take a turn. I wanted to keep going down the road, but it was content to lay down in the grass. Needless to say, it won the argument.

As for the muffler shield, your guess is as good as mine. It was like that when I bought it from the previous owner. I'm guessing a parking lot tip-over? Or maybe unruly street youths.

It's a great bike and a lot of fun to ride. Surprisingly quick for the low displacement and handles great (when it's not trying to deposit you in a grassy field). Would have no hesitation about riding it cross country, were it not for the irreparable harm it'd do to my nether regions.

Happy to provide more information and pictures upon request. Either shoot me a message here or send me an email (dp_michaud@yahoo.com).