WTB: 70's kz900/1000

Habi

Yeah I was looking on that site earlier but didn't find the for sale section if they have one. Seems that a lot of them have been ragged out for drag bikes over the years. Is there anything to look out for on these?

I think on kzrider you have to register to the site and be logged on to see the want ads.

I am so tempted to put mine up, Oh what to do, what to do?

Tell you what, you keep looking while I make up my mind. I parked it around two months ago because the voltage regulator went and cost me a coil so it does have a couple issues. This is one of the last times I rode it.

I'll let you know asap and this will give you an idea what I have.

http://www.ohioriders.net/showpost.php?p=847087&postcount=589

Here is the other side.

http://www.ohioriders.net/showpost.php?p=842317&postcount=538

I also know of another one that has a bore kit and 29 smoothbores, it's a 1977 LTD 1000. I'll see if I can get a price and pics of it also. All the work was done on it by Bruce at Power by Sauer.

Here is a cell phone pic of the '77 KZ1000 LTD that I mentioned, it has less than 500 miles on it since it was rebuilt. It was rebuilt because a timing chain guide or roller went bad and he decided to re-do it all.

It got a set of 29 smoothbores, a 1075 bore kit, clutch, new valves and pretty sure the head was ported, welded crank, new Dana S ignition, new Star Sidewinder pipe, chain and sprockets and rear tire.

The engine cases were dip cleaned and painted with the bake on stuff and new engine chrome kit put on it.

The only bad thing is that it has been sitting for the at least 3 years, he has his Harley at the place he lives at during the riding season so the carbs will probably need cleaned and a battery put in it. He would like $3500 out of it.

I am trying to get better picture of it.

0909120022.jpg