P.I.R race school starts

bobko31

Hey im the guy bike 31 that high sided on the last mock start at beaver last week. Looking to see if anyone had any video of it? Not sure if i hit hard parts of what.. Sitting at home all pissed off trying to figure out what happend. Not my first time wrecking but this one hurt and have no clue what happend. 10 laps on new sc1's so not a tire issue.. Any help would be great.

Edited by bobko31

I'm guessing you were in 2nd gear, yes?

My exit drive there kind of sucks, but I also always stay in 3rd rather than dropping to 2nd gear there.

I feel like being in 2nd kills my entry speed and increases my chances of highsiding on exit. I also seem to gain on people pretty significantly on the exit there when they upshift from 2nd to 3rd, and I'm just holding it wide open in 3rd there.

You're on an R6, so you have more RPM to use on entry, but if that has anything at all to do with your highside, you may want to consider going up a couple teeth in the rear, and just staying in 3rd through there. Hindsight is 20/20. Sorry to hear about your off.

Thanks. I was pushing hard and trying to lay down some good laps. I know it was practice but havnt raced much this year and was trying to see were I stood. I was thinking 102's would win it but wrecked trying to get there. Then realized I was still a secound off. I was just alittle confused becouse it happened pretty fast didn't feel any tire spin, tipped it in then next thing I new I was air born. Was hoping some one seen sparks our something. Normally I blame it on the tires but it was new. And I know It wasn't my fault. Lol

1:02's would put you on the podium in most novice races i've seen or completed.

That's what I thought. In my head I thought get some 2's and a easy win. My starts are pretty good. Guess we will see next year. Already decided I'm going to every nesba, wera, and motoseries race there next year. I will be in low 1's or die trying.