This shouldnt be legal

Hoblick

I went to my first race yesterday with the Ohio Mini Road Racing League

it was about the most fun ive ever had, all the guys were really cool, everything was setup very well. its really organized great.

The races were held at Circleville Raceway Park, a 40 min drive from the house (big bonus there) I ran the XR100 in the Stock XR100 class as well as the F4 class. i did ok for my first time out there, and really the first time on the bike.

people were really helpful and i got a tow around the track during practice to get the lines shown to me.

i crashed out on my last race, those drum brakes fade real quick :D

you wouldnt think it, but you are slidding the rear on these little XRs if you push them. its freaking awesome.

anyway here is the video i edited and threw on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twbZlCE0Blc

I keep saying that everyone should be out there racing the mini's. I crashed hard twice yesterday and my one rib is really sore, but that's about the worst you can expect. I still had a great time. I'll be there again this coming Saturday.

Ryan, do you have the capability to mount tires at the track?

Biggie #72 OMRL

I keep saying that everyone should be out there racing the mini's. I crashed hard twice yesterday and my one rib is really sore, but that's about the worst you can expect. I still had a great time. I'll be there again this coming Saturday.

Ryan, do you have the capability to mount tires at the track?

Biggie #72 OMRL

yeah, ill mount my tire changer back in the trailer and bring it with me.

Ryan, that guy the took the pic of u is me! Here are all the others...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v619/fireman_343/CRP%20race-%20Sept%202012/

Glad to see ya out on the track and you did very well for your first time ever on the bike/track! Good job!! See ya at the next race... Oct 6th!! Everyone, if you have a bike, or want to rent one to race with us, we will have an endurance race, with dinner after all the races!! Will be a great time!

Great. I have a very busy week, but I must find time to swap tires. I believe I wouldn't have had such a bad day yesterday if I would have put on the new tires. The old ones are beyond their life expectancy.

Promise me you'll be there nice and early:)

We race 10 races a season from April to Oct.

Check out our website at www.ohiominigp.com for the schedule and any other updates.

Are there any people that run formula 4? Im considering this because I want to get a xr100 but want to lace 12" hoops to the factory hubs. (Had a cr80 with 12's and like the way it handles)

Are there any people that run formula 4? Im considering this because I want to get a xr100 but want to lace 12" hoops to the factory hubs. (Had a cr80 with 12's and like the way it handles)

F4 is "experts only," so unless you show up and really wow them, you're not going to ride there your first season with OMRL (I've been through the rule book a lot lately)

I am so pissed the last round is next weekend. I'll be rafting with a bachelor party, so I can't be TOO upset, but I wanted to rent a bike and get in one round before buying an XR100 this fall/winter.

Oh well. I can't see myself getting out there and thinking, "man, this mini racing thing was a mistake!"

10 rounds a year is pretty standard for a racing org; the big difference with OMRL is that I'll actually be able to afford to make ALL of them!

F4 is "experts only," so unless you show up and really wow them, you're not going to ride there your first season with OMRL (I've been through the rule book a lot lately)

OK thanks for the clarification I did not know that. Was just reading the outline of the rules.

10 rounds a year is pretty standard for a racing org; the big difference with OMRL is that I'll actually be able to afford to make ALL of them!

this is what I like also. I don't think I'd ever race on a streetbime course as its more than I can afford at the moment. But I can swing the whole season of these races.

Im seriously considering selling my track bike and picking up a crf150r to run in the f1 and supermoto classes.

Ill have the xr to run in stock xr and f4

Idk if youve rode one, but those little 150rs are some bad mofos. theres usually a couple forsale over the year on supermotojunkie.com You can save some cash buying one already setup (unless you have a good hookup on rims and parts)

Whats a good price range for the xr100s?

Ive found a nice one around $1300--but that seems kind of high to me.

Around $600-700 for stock.

Around $1000-1200 for setup and ready to go.

4x4 Fab seems to always be bulding one lately.

http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/showthread.php?21315-4x4fab-s-xr100-build-2-(for-sale)

Biggie #72