Another Shady Dealership...

ChiefScooter

When i take my car to dealers i always wait for my car. I also walk about around (not in) the garage. I have seen some shady things.

The first time a friend dropped of a car for a tune up it didnt run right so i double checked all the work and they never replaced half the parts they said they did. i trust very few with my car or bike.

I only trust my Uncle with my car, I have helped him do a few jobs and he can be only doing breaks but when he's done he checks all the fluids and tops everything off (he does not work in any shop just by word of mouth at his house)

A reasonable response would be a full inspection by another dealership, replacement of any parts obviously damaged by the abuse (clutch/tires etc), and an absolute 100% drive train warranty (from the engine to wheel bearing) to 100k miles.

If the abuse didn't mess anything else up then the dealership pays nothing. If latent problems emerge later, the dealership pays it.

If the dealership buys the car back they will sell it on (latent defects and all) to someone without disclosing the abuse to the new owner - therefore any buyback should be under the lemon law so the title is branded.

+1