clip on bars

RHill

I have a set of vortex clip on's coming and wanted to get a coupe extra tubes. Found some Pro-Tek's for cheap, but they claim that they only work with their mounts.

They should be the same diameter as every other clip on since it has to work with the bike hardware correct? Is there a reason the vortex hardware would not clamp onto the Pro-Tek bars? :wtf:

The clip on hardware is coming without bars....I'll only have 1 set of spares.

Have to be realistic....my little 15mph dump at PIRC could have cost me the entire day if I didn't get lucky and find someone who happened to have a brake lever. It would have cost the day if it snapped the clip on.

The clip on hardware is coming without bars....I'll only have 1 set of spares.

Have to be realistic....my little 15mph dump at PIRC could have cost me the entire day if I didn't get lucky and find someone who happened to have a brake lever. It would have cost the day if it snapped the clip on.

Stop crashing !

Cutting will reduce strength, also spare clip ons are definitely a good thing to have along with levers, and pegs.

Nah. If he has a place where they can cut it on a good quality band saw for example? Won't hurt anything... They cut them to length as it is so, doing it right won't harm anything.

I was just getting at the idea that 9" wasn't long enough (I already know where that comment is going to go), but 11" is too long and needs cut down... We are talking one inch and I guess I am confused why that is an issue...

Now, let the homos use those sentences for feeding their thoughts for one another... Begin.

Why would you not just buy the 9" vs cutting the 11"? Just buy 11" and move them inward to desired length. You really shouldn't have to cut clip-ons...

Pro tek's have a different mount style, worried that the 9 would be too short. I could move them in, but thought the may impact something. I'll see when they arrive, won't cut unless it is necessary.