Casey Stoner: The Final Lap

RidersDiscount

Why quit so young??

He's not quitting - he's making a point to Dorna.

I don't know a lot about Casey Stoner's personal agenda, but I am sure he will be back riding professionally within 3 years.

He may put on a little weight during his time off, but he won't be "out of shape."

He may never come back to Moto GP, but he will make a living riding a motorcycle, either as a test/development rider, a school owner, or in some other series.

Casey is a competitor, and while he has been criticized for whining and blaming others (or his bike) for his failures, I think he has shown that he wants to compete and win. Badly.

He'll be back.

I heard talk about possibility of him pursuing Australian Supercar racing, among other various rumors. Never know until he chips in with facts, but his offspring is bearing load in his decision making for sure

I can respect the fact that he wants to be around while his daughter(?) grows up, but that doesn't have to mean drastic changes.

He could run his own team and make his own schedule. Pick and choose which tracks, bikes, etc. are safe enough for his liking. Or do the same with the car thing.

but the fact is, he's a proven winner on 2 wheels. That will always be his best means of making money. Well, maybe not always, but for the next 5-10 years for sure.