Tues and Thurs (11/13 & 11/15)

Bitani

ok, thanks Bubba. let's stick with your original plan, meeting at noon at the mcd on Dixie. Should be a blast.

Tom: Glad yer coming along. Hit the McD's early enough to sip a coffee to warm up. Kickstands up at 12 PM sharp! See you there.

I'm out. Have fun!

Danielle: Hope I didn't scare you off with the route description. All roads are paved, just a bit more technical than your typical urban/suburban pavement. I didn't want anyone to be surprised by the conditions. Still should be a good time, and we only go as fast as our slowest rider.

Not at all. Zach made it seem I won't make it. I won't be home from work till 10ish.

Not sure how much of a roll you've got, but we're gonna be at the McD's until noon. The meet-up is approx 10-12 min south of the river, so if you can make it to Cinti by 11:45, yer golden. Send Zach a text if yer coming and running late. Should be fun ride. :D

EDIT/ADD: If you've been slaving away all night, it'll be a long day for you. If you do come, BE SAFE!!!

Great ride, everyone! Tom (Cobrat) and Zach (Bitani) and Rob Giles (Diceman from LocalRiders) showed for our backwoods jaunt. I think our KY route mileage was around 170, but that includes the detour to Rabbit Hash so that Zach can say he isn't a 'Hash virgin' anymore. Lots of sweet roads and almost NO TRAFFIC to slow us down. 'Course, we NEVER exceeded the 15-20 over SL. Much.

Pretty sure that when I parted with the group as they were headed to Dayton, I think I heard Zach mutter that he was gonna put knobbies on his ZX.... :D

You make it sound like I didn't want you there!

Better watch it, Zach. She's posting and introducing herself on AFJ's forum. Can't trust a woman that'll have consort with a Junkie.... :wtf:

I kid....I just kidding.... :rolleyes:

Danielle, for what it's worth, you missed a REALLY fun ride today. Sorry you couldn't make it. Catch up with us next time for sure.

Bubba, thanks for a great ride! Super roads there in NKY, and Bubba and Dice are top notch tour guides. Zach and I had a good slab ride -- and we will be back.

ok, the KTM had to take a dirt detour and then a bit of a nap -- I'll clean out the mud in her teeth tomorrow...

Danielle, you missed a great ride -- next time!

ok, the KTM had to take a dirt detour and then a bit of a nap -- I'll clean out the mud in her teeth tomorrow...

Tom: Great riding with you today. Glad you didn't break anything and only sampled some of NKYs finest mud. But hey, that's what KTMs are good for, right? I know you would'a been disappointed if you didn't get a LITTLE DIRTY today.... :D

I always love riding 10/22 down in nky. Too bad I work weekdays.

We pretty much stayed on the back roads today; you know, the ones with 4 numbers in their designation? Heck, some of 'em even didn't HAVE numbers. :eek: Paved....barely. Did get some good twisties railing 467 and 36, but the rural county roads are more entertaining!!!

We pretty much stayed on the back roads today; you know, the ones with 4 numbers in their designation? Heck, some of 'em even didn't HAVE numbers. :eek: Paved....barely. Did get some good twisties railing 467 and 36, but the rural county roads are more entertaining!!!

They may be 'paved', but that doesn't mean there wasn't an entire strip of gravel ABOVE the pavement!! :repent:

And to your comment at the top, I almost wish my ZX6R would take knobbies for those roads. :o

BUT I have to give you, Rob and Tom thanks. I appreciate you guys letting me come along and not smoking me. I feel like my entire definition of twisties has been changed, and yesterday was definitely the most improvement I feel I've ever gotten in one ride. Thanks! (And don't forget me on future rides! :p)

(Also, is that route sheet you gave Tom and I from the McDonald's? Or where does that start?)

Edited by Bitani

Is that route sheet you gave Tom and I from the McDonald's? Or where does that start?

The route sheet actually starts from Turkeyfoot Rd, which is the next exit EAST from Dixie Hwy. Same road that Thomas More College is on.

It's true, the twisties in nky will redefine a western ohioans version.

And getting a chance to be 'shown' the roads down there is priceless.

Thanks to Bubba and Dice, we have even more roads to explore!

Indeed they did. It was the most fun ride I've had, though, so I'm quite content with it! :p

The route sheet actually starts from Turkeyfoot Rd, which is the next exit EAST from Dixie Hwy. Same road that Thomas More College is on.

Ahh, okay. Cool. I'll have to hit it up again sometime.