Looking at a Triumph..

RSparky

So...

I've been considering fixing the transmission shaft, and selling my R6. It's been an awesome bike, and I'm sure it can be someone else's treasure. I took it from trash, to something worth riding, and pretty much back to trash again, with my wreck, and the clutch issue. I'll get it running, fit the brand spanking new sharkskinz plastics to it, and sell it to a tracker or something.

Anywho, I want to experiment. And, all the triple owners on here seem to love theirs. I miss the 650, so it should be a step in the right direction.

All you triumph guys, gimme the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Also highly considering going to Joe's in Dayton and test riding before it gets too cold. :D

I said it on another thread today and I'll say it again (since I don't mind being repetitive and boring): you could offer to swap any other engine into my bike and I'd say "no thanks." Sure, others are more powerful, but I love this engine. The rest of the bike too. I wouldn't want to live with it as an only bike, due to ergonomics and inability to travel with luggage, but as a second bike and track day bike it's perfect.

DaytonaWallpaper525.jpg

So...

I've been considering fixing the transmission shaft, and selling my R6. It's been an awesome bike, and I'm sure it can be someone else's treasure. I took it from trash, to something worth riding, and pretty much back to trash again, with my wreck, and the clutch issue. I'll get it running, fit the brand spanking new sharkskinz plastics to it, and sell it to a tracker or something.

Anywho, I want to experiment. And, all the triple owners on here seem to love theirs. I miss the 650, so it should be a step in the right direction.

All you triumph guys, gimme the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Also highly considering going to Joe's in Dayton and test riding before it gets too cold. :D

Not sure what you want out of a bike, and what your primary use would be but I love mine.. I've owned cbr 1000's, gxr 750's, gsxr 600's, Ducati 1098, Aprilia, hypermotard, sv1000, zx6r, etc etc... This is my favorite bike ive owned.. Great for the street, great for the track, looks awesome, has soul, very reliable, just a fun bike to own.. I'm gonna hang on to this for awhile..

I said it on another thread today and I'll say it again (since I don't mind being repetitive and boring): you could offer to swap any other engine into my bike and I'd say "no thanks." Sure, others are more powerful, but I love this engine. The rest of the bike too. I wouldn't want to live with it as an only bike, due to ergonomics and inability to travel with luggage, but as a second bike and track day bike it's perfect.

DaytonaWallpaper525.jpg

Sexy bike sir!

i saw. you have my attention peaked.

as far as ergos go, i'm used to an r6. and, the most luggage i need is a backpack and tankbag... check. :D

now i need the forecast tomorrow to jump by 20 degrees.. will i need to jump through any hoops to do a test ride tomorrow?

i saw. you have my attention peaked.

as far as ergos go, i'm used to an r6. and, the most luggage i need is a backpack and tankbag... check. :D

now i need the forecast tomorrow to jump by 20 degrees.. will i need to jump through any hoops to do a test ride tomorrow?

Not sure where you would go but I doubt it.. I had no issues taking one out.. If I still lived in ohio you could take my R for a spin.. It's a peach!

What are you planning to do with it? Mostly street riding...get a street or speed triple. Track days, etc...get a Daytona. I love mine, I've owned several, and plan to own more, lol. Engine is the best thing about it. Read any review on it and they will say the same. The only negative I can think of is sometimes spare parts are harder to come by and a little more expensive vs the big 4. The aftermarket for them has greatly improved over the years though.

And not to hijack your thread and make it a for sale ad, but I've got a 2010 tornado red Daytona I'm gonna be putting up for sale real soon. Looks just like the one motociclista posted. PM me if you want details. Or are you buying new?

commuter plus potential track days. after this semester i'll have much more free time. i do plenty of slab, but i was comfy laying on the r6 for half hour plus rides.

i'm no hayes, so i don't need all the fancy ohlins this and that. but it'd be nice for the value factor. plus, you never know, maybe i'll get some track skill under my belt next year.

pm outbound...

I want a Daytona but for a commuter get any of the S3s and a set of clip ons for track days. Entirely different bike with clipons. I don't know if the Street is detuned or not. But its suposed to be a naked Daytona.

PM coming you way also.

I wanted a Daytona so bad for the track, settled for an SV, then a Tiger for adventure touring, settled for a V-Strom, money was the only obstacle keeping me from having 3 Triumph's in my garage.

When I decided to purchase a V-Strom, I had to make a choice between the Ninja 1K and the Speed Triple, both are real good motorcycles in my opinion, but unfortunately, one had to go, the Speed Triple is still in the garage.

I have chance ride this bike in endurance race at road Atlanta.I am 5 11 tall and the bike is too small for me.my knees where killing me after 20 minutes .my team mate was girl lot shorter then me and she love the bike over her cbr 600.brakes are good ,the bike feel lot lighter then my 848,handling is good.

I have chance ride this bike in endurance race at road Atlanta.I am 5 11 tall and the bike is too small for me.my knees where killing me after 20 minutes .my team mate was girl lot shorter then me and she love the bike over her cbr 600.brakes are good ,the bike feel lot lighter then my 848,handling is good.

Did it have Adj. rear sets set up for the girl? Im 6'1-6'2 and it wasn't small for me?

If you can,get one for a longer ride than just a couple mile test ride.

As some others have mentioned,the 675 is not a great commuter bike because of the ergos,unless you get some clipons for it which will make it a little better.

It is on the other hand a great bike and the sound of the triple is amazing !

If you can,get one for a longer ride than just a couple mile test ride.

As some others have mentioned,the 675 is not a great commuter bike because of the ergos,unless you get some clipons for it which will make it a little better.

It is on the other hand a great bike and the sound of the triple is amazing !

Meh.. I rode mine 600 miles in a weekend and I was fine. I wouldn't hesitate commuting on it.