oh how amazing it would be..

Hoblick

Pretty sure this is a repost, but in case you're not familiar with it...

Blog by a fella who's been 'homeless' on three wheels for at least 6-7 years. Stunning photos and an interesting train-of-thought way of posting. Don't know the complete back story, but I know his son died some years ago, which prompted him to do some SERIOUS soul searching. Been touring with his adopted rescue pitbull and living off the land--and the graciousness of his friends and acquaintances--and writing about his experiences. Makes a good read when you have some free time.

http://theoasisofmysoul.com/

Neal Peart from Rush, pretty much did exactly that when his daughter and wife died. Read Ghostrider.......good book and what a trip of a lifetime ride. It pretty much saved his life, had nothing else left to live for "so he thought". ;)

A guy that was a pipefitter where I work retired a few years ago and he just criss-crosses the country on his 1500 Vulcan. Stops home once in a while. If he's going to be someplace interesting for more than a week he flies his girlfriend out to stay with him. A few Harley guys I work with meet up with him and ride to New England or Sturgis or Daytona or wherever in the summertime.

As much as I love to ride, I also love the stability of coming home to the wife and dog, I'd definitely pack up some clothes and camping.equipment and play nomad for a week, but Idk about any longer than that...I love my home.