Frank Shamrock vs. Cung Le

twincharge7

What's up with asians going to NBA, NFL, and now this? what's next? Golf too? oh never mind, we've kick ass female golfer and pool player anyways...and don't forget, movie stars too. I thought we are pretty settled with cooking, opening up buffet, churches, dry-cleaning, math-experts, doctors, and computer craps LOL

enjoy!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7975439240209695283&q=cung+le+vs.+frank+shamrock&total=92&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

I'm glad that Cung Le didn't have to go through Shamrock's best on the ground submission. I hv a lot of respect toward Shamrock's family and what they bring into the world of fighting. What's up with Asians and literally kickin...ass. lol

round 3

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6393630705112911652&q=cung+le+vs.+frank+shamrock&total=96&start=10&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=9

He's Vietnamese. They are born knowing martial arts. Just like all Chinese know kung fu.

Chinese with their kung-fu

Koreans with their taekwondo and jujitsu

Japanese with their Karate, jujitsu and sumo

Indonesians with their silat

Thailands with their Muang-thai style

as far as I know, vietnamese don't have that kind of specialty. I think Chung Le learned it from here or he's a chinese that's born in Vietnam. btw, no fun of being kicked on the chest (with padding protection of course) with taekwondo martial artist

Chinese with their kung-fu

Koreans with their taekwondo and jujitsu

Japanese with their Karate, jujitsu and sumo

Indonesians with their silat

Thailands with their Muang-thai style

as far as I know, vietnamese don't have that kind of specialty. I think Chung Le learned it from here or he's a chinese that's born in Vietnam. btw, no fun of being kicked on the chest (with padding protection of course) with taekwondo martial artist

Yeah with some it's hard to tell. There were too many periods of countries being occupied and forbidden to practice any kind of martial art. Certainly any art that at least tries to absorb practices by another in order to improve is at least making an attempt at being a good art.

Martial arts are like software applications, it often takes a good amount time and many versions before they even start to get it right.

I am glad Lee kicked that smile off of shamrocks face

I agree, I don't like either Shamrock. But, watching the fight, it was enjoyable with Frank and his antics. Glad Le kicked his ass though.

BTW, for whomever asked, Le broke Shamrock's arm via kicks that Shamrock was trying to block. That shit looked like it hurt.

I'm pretty sure Le won't have a chance if Shamrock takes him down on the ground.

what I don't understand why Shamrock underestimated Le based on his smiles during the fight and then, Shamrock rarely tried to play with Le on the ground?

Le knows that his strength is not submission and Shamrock unwisely tried to beat Le on Le's playground. what a fool.

I'm pretty sure Le won't have a chance if Shamrock takes him down on the ground.

what I don't understand why Shamrock underestimated Le based on his smiles during the fight and then, Shamrock rarely tried to play with Le on the ground?

Le knows that his strength is not submission and Shamrock unwisely tried to beat Le on Le's playground. what a fool.

That fact that Shamrock couldn't take Le down wasn't Shamrock's choice, it was Le's. Shamrock had knee surgery about 9 months ago and has no ACL. Further, Le's wrestling is much better than Shamrock's. Wrestling has always been Shamrock's weakness. He is a great submission grappler but not a great wrestler.

That fact that Shamrock couldn't take Le down wasn't Shamrock's choice, it was Le's. Shamrock had knee surgery about 9 months ago and has no ACL. Further, Le's wrestling is much better than Shamrock's. Wrestling has always been Shamrock's weakness. He is a great submission grappler but not a great wrestler.

wow, I forgot about that facts...that makes sense. however, dya remember there was a scene when Shamrock invited Le to play on the ground but Le refused?

when r we going to ride again?

APRIL 19th baby thats going to be the real fight. ohhhh yaaaa

Let's hope so!!! As long as GSP can avoid the midget striking the back of his head then he should be able to win via any way he wants... WAR GSP!!!

When it gets warm TwinCharger, I'll schedule something for sure. I did see what you're talking about. Don't get me wrong though. Frank's wrestling isn't that great but once he gets on the ground, his game is world class.

Let's hope so!!! As long as GSP can avoid the midget striking the back of his head then he should be able to win via any way he wants... WAR GSP!!!

When it gets warm TwinCharger, I'll schedule something for sure. I did see what you're talking about. Don't get me wrong though. Frank's wrestling isn't that great but once he gets on the ground, his game is world class.

I dont think he will get GSP's back I think GSP will take him down quick and punish him. Sefuckinverily. Payback :D

I wouldn't write Serra off. He's been around a long while and knows his stuff. He's just not much of a finisher though and as he gets older that will cause him some problems. I'm a fan of both fighters, I would be happy to see either win.

As for Shamrock's ground game...meh. I think Cung le is good enough to neutralize it long enough for a stand up.

MMA fighters these days need to pull their heads out and start becoming better strikers standing and on the ground. It doesn't take long to start learning how to keep a submission artist at bay, of course getting to that point is painful. :) Grappling you have the benefit of contact and control, striking takes a ton more training to be as good.

wow, I forgot about that facts...that makes sense. however, dya remember there was a scene when Shamrock invited Le to play on the ground but Le refused?

when r we going to ride again?

I finally watched this fight tonight...epic war.

The reason why Frank was willing to stay on the ground is because he was ALREADY on the ground. He didn't need to use any energy to take Le down. hence, no wear and tear on his knee. Le was smart and didn't want any part of it.

Frank fought Le's game...and lost. If it wasnt going to be the arm, it was going to be a broken rib. Frank was blocking the head shots, but if anyone on here does any serious sparring they will tell you...you might have blocked it, but it's almost the same as not blocking it. The leg is much more powerful than a punch. The sheer force of blocking the kick is just as bad as getting hit. Le's legs are short and powerful..and he is VERY accurate. Reminds me of a short, asian Mirko Cro Cop ..LOL

Shamrock has done a lot for fighters and MMA behind the scenes...although he is a cocky SOB. He is on the downswing ...and le is on the upswing. Le has the advantage of less wear and tear on his body..and a much better strike game.

we will have to set a night when all of us can go riding for a bit and find a place with HD TV to watch any MMA or UFC fights. anyone's down for that? now, if you all do, I need an organizer to handle this.

I'm down..but I'm all the way up north