Cornering part 3 - DRIVE!!!

Moto-Brian

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25's is scooting pretty good.. I think my best was around a 30ish.. Maybe 32 i forget..

Pretty sure it was 30, cuz I feel like you were wanting to hit the 29s to break the 30 cusp. That was an awesome trip, you, your pops, me, and basically no one at the track that day. STT was at like Autobahn or something, and there, and we had no one lol.

Pretty sure it was 30, cuz I feel like you were wanting to hit the 29s to break the 30 cusp. That was an awesome trip, you, your pops, me, and basically no one at the track that day. STT was at like Autobahn or something, and there, and we had no one lol.

That was good, but the best part was hitting the 2 for 20 at applebees individually! :bow:

man I had to poopie after that! :D

Applebees, wtf. You need to hit the grattan bar.

We were on the road and caught it a few exits down. This year is Grattan bar so we can run Saturday, eat like cows after that, then unload and be super fast Sunday for the races. Or Disalvo school, either one.

Just don't go wide through it where it humps up and you can haul ass through it.

Actually, you will tend to run wide at that point and while yes, the bike is wheelied over the ripples, it is the best line. Drag the brake maybe slightly, but overall, you can try and stay inside slightly, but it isn't always gonna happen there especially if racing. The wheelies are a part of that turn that make you love it. Try it on a 1000... Pure rush, man... Squirming the rear and the front skipping and rising over the ripples.

The hardest corner I deal with is the long right hand sweeper going into the bus stop at Grattan (CW). With the elevation changes, bumps, etc., I never seem to know how much throttle I can apply. But then I see other guys just railing it around that turn, is this sweeper not as hard as I'm making it?

There is solid traction there and with the rear being loaded under acceleration, losing the rear isn't a huge issue. I suppose it can happen, but I have never seen a guy lose the rear at that point. Basically, you should be upshifting close to that point also and WOT. On a bigger bike, maybe a slight throttle modulation, but I honestly cannot remember exactly...

I know running it counter makes that sweeper not as fun...

Actually, you will tend to run wide at that point and while yes, the bike is wheelied over the ripples, it is the best line. Drag the brake maybe slightly, but overall, you can try and stay inside slightly, but it isn't always gonna happen there especially if racing. The wheelies are a part of that turn that make you love it. Try it on a 1000... Pure rush, man... Squirming the rear and the front skipping and rising over the ripples.

I pooped a little when I did it and then was pissed because the photographer was facing the other direction.

It is a great setup for the conversation, though. Both directions, make that series of turns extremely important. Drive out of the bowl clockwise and out of the bus stop counter... You put together a solid drive and you can Madcat it slightly and not lose too much ground... :D

There is solid traction there and with the rear being loaded under acceleration, losing the rear isn't a huge issue. I suppose it can happen, but I have never seen a guy lose the rear at that point. Basically, you should be upshifting close to that point also and WOT. On a bigger bike, maybe a slight throttle modulation, but I honestly cannot remember exactly...

I know running it counter makes that sweeper not as fun...

Are you referring to the hump after the bowl or the dip midway through the sweeper? I have been upshifting in the transition from left to right lean after the bowl, but did not know I could push it near WOT. Interesting and something more to try.

It is a great setup for the conversation, though. Both directions, make that series of turns extremely important. Drive out of the bowl clockwise and out of the bus stop counter... You put together a solid drive and you can Madcat it slightly and not lose too much ground... :D

Not everyone is as awesome as I am!

Are you referring to the hump after the bowl or the dip midway through the sweeper? I have been upshifting in the transition from left to right lean after the bowl, but did not know I could push it near WOT. Interesting and something more to try.

The hump out of the bowl is something that may need attention and concern over WOT for sure. But, I was referring to the kink or "dip" where you refer. The ripples and dip are pretty much going to load the chassis in terms of moving it around, but yes, you are close or at WOT at that point...

Not everyone is as awesome as I am!

You see what I did there? ;)

You know I love ya, man. Look forward to your mangina drying up and not having some lame excuse why you cannot come out and race with us this season...

Of course, these off season times allow a lot of time to scheme ideas as to why you can't...:D

The hump out of the bowl is something that may need attention and concern over WOT for sure. But, I was referring to the kink or "dip" where you refer. The ripples and dip are pretty much going to load the chassis in terms of moving it around, but yes, you are close or at WOT at that point...

Brian, my post was towards the hump area not the dip before it.

You see what I did there? ;)

You know I love ya, man. Look forward to your mangina drying up and not having some lame excuse why you cannot come out and race with us this season...

Of course, these off season times allow a lot of time to scheme ideas as to why you can't...:D

Plan is to run more than last year so better than 5 events. I want to run them all, but no there is 0 chance of that lol.

But yes, cannot wait for the season to start, I actually kept some vacation for it too so I can get more seat time this season in general.