Paddock stands

RHill

That's one trick design and stellar idea, but I'd rather the pins that enter the frame be much longer and maybe even lock-in somehow to keep accidental dismounts to a minimum. But it is a very good idea and looks ultra easy to use.

If I were you, I wouldn't be afraid to overbuild it. Post up a build thread too!

Some google homework has shown there's an adapter that needs to be installed and is meant to replace the upper engine mounting bolt's nut AFTER you remove it and reinstall the bolt through opposite side? May have just been the particular bike he was using but I'd figured there had to be some sort of retainer to keep the bikes' stationed in place. I would probably attempt a fab job vs buying one. $575 for the stand, $90 for the wheelset, and $150 for the adapter plate.....expensive but sweet idea for a solo man's bike lift.

http://www.bursigusa.com/

The way I read it, you buy the system and get one set of adaptor pins for one bike. Additional pins are $149.99. The wheel set is also optional and needed if wanting to roll it around. I'd think not having wheels a better idea...

Pretty cool. Similar take on the uber expensive ones like team Yamaha uses...

I've never seen anything like it until you posted the link. I'm finding a few designs have been available overseas for a few years now, but they are expensive for what they are. I'm sure materials quality plays a part in their pricing but for a mechanical device that just uses leverage to operate, it wouldn't be too difficult for an inclined guy to fab one. Here's a couple links to another cool concept and would be cheaper yet to mfg yourself...

This one would need an additional leg on the brake side to use spool attachments instead of singlesided setup, but seems an easy enough idea and simple to one-man-show the bike up onto it

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tye0rB5IWRY

I'd like this for winter storage, or fore/aft teardowns and similar design to the one above to copycat from. The guy/company seems to make quite a few products for mobile bike storage

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Px9WTvcDdH0

Edited by Hellmutt

I posted a really similar one maybe a year and a half ago asking where to get something like it here. At the time it was crazy expensive over $1,000 due to customs expenses. I wonder if their patents are good in the US? If not make a similar design and start selling it on here super cheap have us use em at track days tell everyone where we got them then up the price a little. After a while you can be making big bucks.