Fiocchi Low Recoil 00 Buck - Reviews?

JohnG

I'm not a "low power" ammo kind of guy, but a local shop is selling this stuff for $59.99 for a box of 80. Sounds good for fun and practice, but what about for a home defense round? Midway USA reviews seem good, but I thought I'd ask on here for local opinions.

Thanks

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/482134/fiocchi-low-recoil-ammunition-12-gauge-2-3-4-00-buckshot-9-nickel-plated-pellets-box-of-10

Must not be a popular choice... My thoughts as far as home defense goes are mainly with penetration and collateral damage, whether its the 10 yo in the next room or the neighbors next door. I'd be interested to hear about effects on the other side of two thickness' of standard drywall. Of course, since it is a "low power" round, how effective is the stopping power in the first place?

Might have to do a mock up with a two by four frame and some 3/8 or half inch drywall if there isn't any info out there already. Hell, deer season is about over... might as well find something else fun to do, right?

Cool... Thanks for the link. Answered what I've always wondered about low brass #8 too.

And as a bonus for me and my debate about buying a Judge, Box o Truth had an interesting write up there as well.