Foster Dogs

CephasGT

Wasn't sure if I should post this here, or in the Marketplace, so I flipped a coin.

My wife and I foster dogs for the Greater Dayton Labrador Retriever Rescue (and some times on our own). We've had the two dogs here for some time with no real prospects, so I thought I'd try posting them up here, to see if anybody might be interested.

This is Lily. She's a total sweetheart. Very energetic, very people-centric, and very eager to do whatever you ask. She loves to play, has excellent recall, and has the best retrieve drive I've ever seen! She's been with us for some time now, and somebody needs to adopt her before we can't part with her! If you're looking for a great family dog, drop me a line and we'll arrange for you to meet her.

LilysGrin_zps518896d6.jpgLilyProfile_zps910d0d87.jpg

This is our other foster, a local rescue we're calling Tinkerbelle (Tink, for short). A friend of ours picked her up as a stray, and we've been getting her fed, trained and up to speed on her vet stuff for the past few months. She loves to play, to wrestle, and to just hang out and chew a bone (or five!). She gets her stitches out from her spay surgery on Monday, and then she's ready to be adopted! Since she's our own private rescue, her adoption fee is highly negotiable, and only to help us offset what we've spent on her vet bills

TinkExcited_zps8f345934.jpgTinksToys_zps1f6c6030.jpgTinkallproper_zps301a8f18.jpg

I have a 1.5 year old high energy silver lab. She's very sweet and great with other dogs. Have had labs my entire life. The gf and hopefully after tonight fiance (shhh) have been looking at getting another dog to manage her energy as well. Let me talk to her about it tonight and see what she thinks. We're near Dayton as well.

This is my lab Pebbles :)

6ACB1090-ECAC-4D7A-84EE-FFBE6C73D270-2500-0000020599042E3B.jpg

She's gorgeous! Sounds like she might be a great match. :)

Please note that I can't approve applications through GDLRR, only make strong recommendations. If you're interested in Lily, you should start an application here, so the rescue can get started processing it:

http://www.gdlrr.org/adoptFosterDog.php

have you reached out to other rescues to do courtesy listings?

I know the rescue we foster for couldn't have pit bulls before Ohio officially removed their vicious breed classification (insurance costs were prohibitive), so they would do courtesy listings from other rescues that did have pits.

Our latest foster just got a forever home yesterday. She was pretty easy (only foster dog we've EVER had that didn't pee in the house at least once), but as always, it was great to see her get a permanent family.

I haven't yet, but s

ocial media posts like this one have proved very fruitful so far.

Good to hear from somebody else here that does this crazy stuff! What rescue do you work with?

Www.secondhandmutts.org

My wife is on the board of directors, and we've had 18(?) foster dogs over the last three years or so. That's not counting the two that are now permanent members of the family.

Because all the dogs are really well socialized, the reunion events and fund raisers are a blast.

I've done a couple transfers for the Cleveland kennel too. A male pit bull puked at least 4 times in my car between Cleveland and Dayton. Luckily the other dog was less queasy, and crated.

I help the pointer rescue organization from time to time. Can anyone pick up a dog from osu airport around noon Friday and hold on to it for 3-4 hours until the next transport person gets off work ? I can give you all the contact info and they really appreciate it.

Edited by gen3flygirl

Sorry, cant help but I'll be looking for a young dog/pup in June. I'll only entertain rescue or dog pound dogs. A pointer might be nice. Getting one to give the other farm dog company since she lost her two friends this summer. They run free on the farm but the newbie will have to learn its borders.

Edited by Gump

I help the pointer rescue organization from time to time. Can anyone pick up a dog from osu airport around noon Friday and hold on to it for 3-4 hours until the next transport person gets off work ? I can give you all the contact info and they really appreciate it.

If you can't find anyone to do it, let me know. My hours at work are flexible, and maybe Cora would enjoy interacting with another dog for a couple hours.

• 3 weeks later...