Oldest daughter deploying, Again. And her little sister Just starting BCT at Sill

fazer1sniper

Well here I go again. My oldest, an E4 promotible, in an SF group in Intell deploys again tomorrow. Still strange to see a female soldier with a Special Forces Combat Patch. Even more so when its your kid. She's supposed to make Sergeant 1 March.

Then enter the Problem Child.... My 18 yo duaghter. Been in troubles from the time she was 14. Fought with Mom and Dad for years. Moved out with a boy friend in the middle of the nite. Couple months pass. Moved back. Said her "sorries" after a trip to visit her big sister at FT Bragg. And tells us she inlisted for 6 years active duty Army....:eek:????? She left a week ago and in reception battalion as I type. Gonna be a drone opperator and now has SF "contacts" because she met Group Command Sergent Major at Bragg and may be "diverted" to Airborne then to Group with big sis if she makes it threw training. She called me and said "Dad! Are you gonna call your buddy at SORB (Special Operations Recruiting Battalion) for me like you did for Nicole?"..... (sigh):wtf: ........... And to add to the creepy she said "I love you" first time since she was 12.

First one I almost expected. My most recent "Private" is still catching me off guard.

Oh well, Like I said, here I go again.

Go Army

Airborne

• Upvote 1

damn man. good luck with all that. I've got 2 girls as well...5 and 3 now, can't even imagine the worries you've got running through your mind... Hope everyone makes it out unharmed, and thank them for me for serving.

My nerves are only overcome by my pride in my daughters. This is a photo from befor oldests first depoyment with her younger sis who is now active duty...

DSCN0182.jpg

And oldest last time in country with SF...

nicksfcbt.jpg

What makes this all even more weird is the got a baby sister who's turning 6... Her on this last Christmass morning...

931eaca6-8091-4ed8-be4c-e0bdd601b105.jpg

Maybe this is all my fault?!

Props to ya and tell your daughters we are proud of them. I have a 5 year old little girl and she says she wants to be a cop and a soldier like daddy. I'm really torn on those ideas, not sure how I'd feel but I'd support her either way. Good luck to you and your family.

God Bless you and yours fazer. My nephew just enlisted (Army)and left home for basic last month. Haven't heard much since he left. Another nephew is a jarhead teaching other Marines down in Fla.

God Bless and watch over our service people all over the world......