Powdercoating to kill time.

20thGix

So with spring looming and dreaming about riding and fishing i decided to start a little project. No sense letting powdercoat sit around not doing anything. In the spring i hit Lake Erie a few times fishing for walleye with some co-workers. Its expensive enough just going with camping, food, tackle and not to mention a few hundo in fuel in the boat. So i decided to make new and restore some of our old spoons and blades. At 5-7 dollars a pop for spoons you would think the paint would last a bit longer. This is where the powdercoat comes in. I can do the same colors and its not coming off anytime soon.

First i made this fluid bed to dip tackle in. Its made out of 4" PVC and a few aquarium parts from the pet store. The top piece comes off and i set a sheet of paper over the bottom and press the top back on. It diffuses the air that i have hooked to it.

ophotobucket-5564-1360202327091_zps180633e5.jpg

Here is a video. Crappy but it is what it is. The powder sorta looks like boiling water and just about doubles in depth being aerated.

http://s52.beta.photobucket.com/user/kbacon3231/media/photobucket-8843-1360202568845_zps4751ec4b.mp4.html

Also heres a couple pics of some that i have done. Its definatley harder to powdercoat things not using the gun. I dont think the fish will care that they are not perfect. I know for a fact the sheephead and white bass wont.

photobucket-6686-1360201998206_zps55397559.jpg

photobucket-4486-1360202212748_zps07cce476.jpg

I need to order some more colors and after i get done re-doing the old spoons im going to buy 50-100 spoon blanks. May as well fool around with the old ones first.