Network Coordinator II

Cdubyah

Posting this for a friend. She said they weren't getting many quality bites.

www.2012laca.org

They are based in Newark OH

Pay would be $55k-$65k Depending on experience.

If you have any questions I would happy to forward them on.

OB TITLE: NETWORK COORDINATOR II

REPORTS TO: LICKING AREA COMPUTER ASSOCIATION EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR

SUPERVISES: NONE

**********************************************************************************************

JOB RELATED

**********************************************************************************************

GENERAL DUTIES: Responsible for the overall operation of the LACA network and network-related systems.

SPECIFIC DUTIES:

1. Provides primary support on installation, configuration, daily administration, maintenance, monitoring, backup, security and troubleshooting of all wide area network operating systems and hardware connecting to the LACA network and LACA resources, both in the data center and customer premises.

2. Maintains maximum knowledge of network operating systems consisting of but not limited to bridge/router technology, firewalls, switches, hubs, inter-network protocols (IP, etc.) and network scenarios in a local area network / wide area network (LAN/WAN) environment.

3. Provides support of all software required for connectivity to the Internet including but not limited to : Windows (all versions), MAC OS, Linux (Ubuntu), Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Outlook, and all other network and operating systems used throughout the LACA user environment.

4. Maintains maximum knowledge of Internet filtering systems.

5. Maintains maximum knowledge and provides primary support of Voice over IP (VoIP) servers, phones, and other VoIP system components used within the LACA network.

6. Provides backup support for bridging and troubleshooting video calls, including video hardware, software and LAN connectivity necessary for video connection.

7. Provides backup support for LACA email systems and spam filters.

8. Coordinate, develop and provide effective training of clients and provide solutions to client concerns.

9. Constantly reviews the total communications systems in light of current technology for recommendations to enhance the network.

10. Keeps abreast of the latest state of the art technology in the areas of communications, networking, equipment, cabling, protocols, and software.

11. Prepares documentation for users and LACA staff.

12. Completes all necessary paperwork and forms in a timely manner.

13. Performs routine error logging and reporting in the state helpdesk.

14. Evaluates existing procedures/policies and recommends improvements.

SPECIFIC DUTIES (continued):

15. Maintains maximum knowledge of operating all local and remote printers, scanners, terminals, and additional peripherals as defined by the LACA Executive Director.

16. Provides assistance as needed to the LACA Advisory Committees.

17. Maintains a good working relationship with all central site staff to ensure a coordinated team approach to the institution of procedures and the resolution of problems.

18. Performs all other duties as defined and directed by the LACA Executive Director.

PERSONAL

1. Is dependable in attendance.

2. Has a good working relationship with users and vendors.

3. Accepts authority and direction.

4. Supports and reflects organization policy and image.

5. Retains good working attitude when overtime is required,

6. Excellent phone skills

QUALIFYING EXPERIENCE

1. Minimum 2-year computer degree and/or 2 years experience on LAN/WAN networking hardware and software.

2. Good written and verbal communication skills, and must interact well with Executive Director, users, and vendors inspiring confidence from all.

3. Must have experience with network installations and network management.

QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS

To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

Language skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from staff members and clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write reports. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.

Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.

Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, taste and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee may occasionally be expected to move and/or lift 100 pounds or move but may obtain assistance or use equipment and carts to facilitate these tasks. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.

Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving, mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.

• 4 months later...

So I read this and I have to ask if this is a Network Engineer equvilant position? The listed duties make it sound like a one-man operation, or if it's anything like my office a skeleton crew that somehow makes things work with no real budget or support. I would really like more detail since I live in that area and am looking for a new job. Feel free to PM me if you like.

So I read this and I have to ask if this is a Network Engineer equvilant position? The listed duties make it sound like a one-man operation, or if it's anything like my office a skeleton crew that somehow makes things work with no real budget or support. I would really like more detail since I live in that area and am looking for a new job. Feel free to PM me if you like.

I honestly don't know if the position is still open or not. She sent that to me back in March.

It's a very small organization (14 employees) that provides learning based network stuff to schools in Licking county.

Edited by Cdubyah