Noob: 9mm options/ alternatives?

YSR_Racer_99

Here we go....

I personally like the Springfield Armory line of pistols. XD is the simplest form, XDm is the match grade barrels and lighter triggers. XDs is their slim line specifically made for conceal carry I have an XD9 which is great gun for a target shooting. The generally cost around 450-600 depending on the length if barrel and whether its a Bitone, or straight black. I also have the XDs .45 which is a beast of a shooter. Definitely not for someone who is new to guns.

Also a fan of Springfield, I have an XD9 subcompact and the XDs. Been looking for an XD 45 compact to round out the collection also.

I need to get the wife some range time with the 9mm. Shes taking her CHL class next month.

Careful with that... My wife got comfortable shooting the XD9 and loves it. Now we blow through twice as many rounds at the range. :lol:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay away from 1911's in 9mm. They just don't seem to run consistently (The exception is the Springfield EMP). If you do choose that route, a 5" barrel is recommended, a 4.25" at bare minimum.

Dammit. Someone should tell STI. None of mine are 4", and they all seem to go bang just fine. :p

i-bq63d4N-M.jpg