Kennedy's cycle sports in elyria.

bshultz0930

I don't work there but I do know just about everyone there. If I'm not busy or riding on Saturdays I'm usually there.

They are attempting to get registered here to become a sponsor but we keep hitting snags in communication.

I buy all my supplies and the vast majority of parts from them. (I currently ride a Honda.) In fact I just bought a helmet from them that all of you will burn with envy when you see me out riding wearing it.

picture.php?albumid=417&pictureid=17317

I'm sure once they are registered as an Ohio-Riders sponsor that they will run a special for members to get the ball rolling. I trust their service department for anything I need done and hopefully they will expand on their credentials with their intro thread.

One of their salesmen is the guy we jokingly refer to as Jinx around here. He is big and ugly but don’t let that fool you, with the exception of Turnone he is the fastest street rider I have ever rode with.

Since I'm moving right around the corner, and I frequent there, I'd like to try and come in and help out or something of the sort on my days off. My wife went to school with the owners daughter, I usually talk to her for a bit at the parts counter. I just want to get my foot in the door so maybe I can get a good deal on a newer zx6r or something.

I can vouch for Kennedys ...and the legend we all know and love as Jinx. I can also vouch for the service department. They've seen a lot of my $$ over the years. The owner is a great guy. He puts up with UP, so what's not to like?

Since I'm moving right around the corner, and I frequent there, I'd like to try and come in and help out or something of the sort on my days off. My wife went to school with the owners daughter, I usually talk to her for a bit at the parts counter. I just want to get my foot in the door so maybe I can get a good deal on a newer zx6r or something.

So your wife is a rich, private school bible thumping type?

They're okay. I've never been "wow'd" by anything they do. Most of the staff is really nice though. Ken (owner) is a good guy, service dept. is pretty decent. Jinx...well...not sure there are enough words to explain him. :D Never bought a bike there because of said Ken's wife...short story was she wouldn't deal with me because she thought I wasn't serious about the purchase and told me to go elsewhere. So I did. Her loss, not mine.

Actually, if you want parts from them check out their website and order from there, then go pick it up. You will get it cheaper than just walking in to get the exact same thing. Save about 5-15% depending on what you're looking for.

So your wife is a rich, private school bible thumping type?

my wife is definitely the opposite, she was more poor'er then i was till she started working at mike bass, now she makes a little more then i do (how embarrassing) but shes far from a bible thumper. shes an awesome wife and mother, but im not exactly a perfect child either. but i think they went to the same high school with each other after the parts counter chick got done with her godly school. i dont know, that conversation with my wife was one of those where you listen and let it flow out the other ear. all i got is that they attended school together at some point.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I can always find bike parts myself online, much cheaper than getting it at Kennedy's or any brick and mortar.

true, but i like having kennedy's around so i try and purchase there as much as possible, unless im paying like double the price for something.

Annnnnnnd we wonder why Kennedy's isn't a sponsor.

Relax, it was meant to be a joke that hasn't had its chance to play out and never will now. My niece went to the same school, trust me she is far from being rich or a bible thumper.

Don't worry religion is not a theme or topic of discussion when you go there and you won't get the impression that anyone is too rich to take the time to talk to you.

This is precisely why I couldn't be a rep for business, I goof around too much.

They're okay. I've never been "wow'd" by anything they do. Most of the staff is really nice though. Ken (owner) is a good guy, service dept. is pretty decent. Jinx...well...not sure there are enough words to explain him. :D Never bought a bike there because of said Ken's wife...short story was she wouldn't deal with me because she thought I wasn't serious about the purchase and told me to go elsewhere. So I did. Her loss, not mine.

Actually, if you want parts from them check out their website and order from there, then go pick it up. You will get it cheaper than just walking in to get the exact same thing. Save about 5-15% depending on what you're looking for.

You will have a hard time trying to find a better qualified mechanic than their lead guy.

It's unfortunate you didn't like your experience trying to buy there. Communication isn't everyone’s strong suit and hopefully you were able to convey what you needed better somewhere else to get the deal you were looking for.

Relax, it was meant to be a joke that hasn't had its chance to play out and never will now. My niece went to the same school, trust me she is far from being rich or a bible thumper.

Don't worry religion is not a theme or topic of discussion when you go there and you won't get the impression that anyone is too rich to take the time to talk to you.

This is precisely why I couldn't be a rep for business, I goof around too much.

You will have a hard time trying to find a better qualified mechanic than their lead guy.

It's unfortunate you didn't like your experience trying to buy there. Communication isn't everyone’s strong suit and hopefully you were able to convey what you needed better somewhere else to get the deal you were looking for.

Come on Tod...did you REALLY have to tell me you were joking around?

It's my fault. I haven't spent enough time on here over the winter and I've failed as a...something.

And I'll vouch (again) for their lead mechanic Mike. I would trust him to fondle anything I owned on two wheels.

Come on Tod...did you REALLY have to tell me you were joking around?

It's my fault. I haven't spent enough time on here over the winter and I've failed as a...something.

And I'll vouch (again) for their lead mechanic Mike. I would trust him to fondle anything I owned on two wheels.

Sorry about that Udell, I realized that I shouldn’t be screwing around in a thread that mentions a business in it after I had already started down that path. I don't muck up any advertising sponsors threads and intend to maintain that policy. They aren't a sponsor yet but once they are I don't want to be associated with any negative views on them that might come from a search of their name. Not everyone knows the personalities of the posters or how to take what’s being said.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I can always find bike parts myself online, much cheaper than getting it at Kennedy's or any brick and mortar.

I can find parts elsewhere also, but knowing that I can get them just as cheap (or close enough) and pick them up the same day counts for something to me. I'm just passing what I think is a good thing. If you need something, def. check their parts site. I don't think you'll be disappointed honestly.

I guess I should clarify this a bit more. I didn't think it would be read as a major red flag when I typed it (my bad...sorry). I would agree that communication was probably lacking as much as on my part as well as hers at the time (which was a long time ago). I don't hold "grudges" for long and if I were in the market for a new Kawi or Yammie they are the first place I'd go. I've dealt with other places that will def. not get my business again (***cough cough State 8 cough cough***). I honestly have no reservations about sending someone there for anything. Like I said previously the staff are very friendly and will help anyone to the best of their ability.

I hope that clears things up and make it clear that while I had one...difficult negotiation :) ...I'd still go there again.

Hey all, we finally became a sponsor we will do our best to be very quick with responses to any questions you have and more importantly get some discounts going for all the ohioriders! Thanks so much guys we look forward to hearing from you and I will create a thread once I have the ability to do so... Feel free to call us up at 440-322-7755, email us at jordan@kennedyscycles.com or lastly message us on here with any questions you have!

Helping you step outside the boundaries and realize you're alive.

• Upvote 1

Hey Jordan, nice to see you finally made it here.

I heard Jinx denies all knowledge of his alter ego. Its okay we still think he is big and ugly. Tell him my new helmet is so much more way cooler than his new helmet.

Kevin, your reply the other day was very thoughtful and not gay in any way; I guess it makes sense since it wasn't about the track.

Don't be hat in' because you don't track anymore old man.

:D

i think hes calling you out UP.

and YAY! i already went there tuesday, picked my wife up a new helmet and some better gloves and ordered my rear tire. about time kennedy's!

Edited by bshultz0930

I've never been there but I do have positive feedback for them.

When I was looking for a zx14 I called there and can't remember who I talked to but she said they didn't have any in stock but asked for my name and number and said she'd see if she could find one and call back. So I assumed it would be a dealer trade and they'd say well we found one we can get it here in 3 weeks or whatever. To my surprise she calls back in about 45 minutes tells me that she found me a blue one like I wanted at Ohio Motorcycle in Oakwood even gave me the name of salesman to ask for. I was kind of shocked I figured they'd dealer trade something to get the sale but that was not the case. She said she was sorry they didn't have what I wanted but they try to do everything they can to satisfy the customer.