louisiana pro-gun law (written by nra) has unusual consequences.

magley64

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/21/judge-louisiana-law-banning-felons-from-owning-guns-is-unconstitutional/

http://m.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/03/felons-gun-rights-unconstitutional-louisiana

A convicted felon was pulled over and arrested when a handgun and semi auto rifle with extended magazine were found in his vehicle.

He didn't dispute any of that, but instead argued that his 2nd amendment rights shouldn't be infringed.

Many people feel that once a criminal has paid their "debt" or served their time, they should no longer be denied their rights, including the right to bear arms. It's not that radical an idea, especially these days when they seem to make a felony out of spitting on the sidewalk.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/21/judge-louisiana-law-banning-felons-from-owning-guns-is-unconstitutional/

http://m.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/03/felons-gun-rights-unconstitutional-louisiana

A convicted felon was pulled over and arrested when a handgun and semi auto rifle with extended magazine were found in his vehicle.

He didn't dispute any of that, but instead argued that his 2nd amendment rights shouldn't be infringed.

So what's up, libertarian Magley, tell us how it should be. I'm genuinely curious. Lets get your take.

• Upvote 1

So what's up, libertarian Magley, tell us how it should be. I'm genuinely curious. Lets get your take.

If you're a convicted felon, and are pulled over and arrested for possession of multiple guns, you should face further charges.

Since when is he a Libertarian? Ive never met a Libertarian who was antigun
He will gladly answer that question, surely.

Simple, my political views are not the same as my personal views. Personally, I feel guns are nothing but artificial courage for people who don't have enough of their own. Politically, I support the second amendment, just as I support the first amendment. Including the freedom of religion, in spite of the fact that personally I think religion is more harmful to society than helpful.

Simple, my political views are not the same as my personal views. Personally, I feel guns are nothing but artificial courage for people who don't have enough of their own. Politically, I support the second amendment, just as I support the first amendment. Including the freedom of religion, in spite of the fact that personally I think religion is more harmful to society than helpful.

God damn youll make a great politician one day, one would think you actually believe that bullshit

• Upvote 1

You can get your rights restored and the records sealed on some situations, but ive not heard of violent felons, child molesters, or people with protection orders against them.

There are limits, I'm sure. The ones I hear of are felons that return to a dangerous neighborhood to live in.

Lmao at 'artificial courage'.....

I've said it before and ill say it again, until you put a sign in your front yard proclaiming your home is proudly gun-free, don't flap your jibs about how anti-gun you are.

Would love to see a picture of that one day

• Upvote 1

God damn youll make a great politician one day, one would think you actually believe that bullshit

I do believe that bullshit, unfortunately, an openly atheist politician isn't something that the current political climate would allow.

If you don't say "god bless america" you aren't getting the votes needed unless you run unopposed.

Lmao at 'artificial courage'.....

I've said it before and ill say it again, until you put a sign in your front yard proclaiming your home is proudly gun-free, don't flap your jibs about how anti-gun you are.

I'll put up that sign when you put up a sign that says "I have a tiny penis and a big gun" in your front yard.

• Downvote 1

But your a libertarian? How does a libertarian support parts of the constitution when its politically advantageous for him?

Because my personal views shouldn't impact public policy.

I hate shrimp, mustangs, and reality tv... that doesn't mean I would promote laws against shrimp boats, ford, or jersey shore...

Ah the tiny penis....the last refuge of the anti-gun dildo. Yes, certainly anyone who owns a gun must be trying to compensate for his tiny penis. I've seen people argue that the same holds true for people who buy incredibly over-powered cars and motorcycles....especially ones that have held the title of 'fastest production car/bike'.

But lets not skirt the issue here betty, you'd never put a sign in your yard stating your house is gun free because the chances of someone stopping by to relieve you of your big fast penis-replacement motorcycle would increase dramatically. That in fact, the very reason people don't break into houses most of the time is that they fear the owner may be home and armed. So you should be thanking us gun owners, because if there werent any gun owners, criminals wouldnt think twice about burglaries and home invasions.

• Upvote 2

But lets not skirt the issue here betty, you'd never put a sign in your yard stating your house is gun free because the chances of someone stopping by to relieve you of your big fast penis-replacement motorcycle would increase dramatically.

No, I'm not worried about being robbed, I'm worried about crazy ass gun nuts pitching a brick through my window because they disagree with my political views.

If I were worried about being robbed, i'd lock my doors, or take my car keys out of the ignition.