OIl Disposal

ScubaCinci

Kick in the nads for you! :slap:

How about using it as a weed killer since you didnt like my other idea.

Actually I start bon fires with what little used oil I get. I don't change the oil in our autos.

i remember the good ol days when my grandpa just spread it in the ally behind his house to keep the dust down..lol

Yep, or put it in a old style metal thumb pump sprayer to lube random farm equipment joints, chains, rollers, and pour over the tops of fence post to keep them from rotting.

Just pour into those huge oil tanks you see sitting next to oil wells. The kids usually open. Don't inhale though.

You change your oil? I didn't think people did that anymore. :dunno:

As has already been mentioned, many (most?) auto shops heat with waste oil and will gladly take it. It is expensive to buy used oil to burn in the waste oil burner, especially when considering that if you end up with too much over the summer you have to pay the same company to come and pick it up!

I have heard that you can dispose of coolant into the sewer system. I would imagine that would only apply to a couple gallons at a time, though, not the volume that a shop would be disposing of. At the dealership where I work, we dump it into a tank and have it pumped out a couple times a year. The last shop I worked for we just left it pour into the drain, and that was in the big city. If it was a problem, I'm sure we would have know about it pretty fast!