major coolant leak

Exarch

Am I the only one that found the process of finding the problem a bit humorous? What could be causing the high temp of 217°? Oil level? Nope. Front tire? Nope. Back tire? Low. Only a little low so you had to have a checked out with a gauge. If you eyeballed it and it looked low, it's more than just a tad low. Only then did you notice wetness on the tire.

Just messing with ya.

I was just making my way around the bike is all, I had no clue what the issue could be because if wasn't just that it was running hot. I manually checked the tires though, it just feels a few pounds off. I have a air compressor, so no biggie, I should have checked it before I road though.

You need to put it directly into the radiator first till full, then run the bike and burp the system, top off radiator, then add to overflow tank to the min line.

How did you think it was going work? Magical coolant defies gravity, flows uphill into radiator?

Thanks, I'm not mechanically inclined. I will do that next time I get a chance.

Edited by Exarch

I was just making my way around the bike is all, I had no clue what the issue could be because if wasn't just that it was running hot. I manually checked the tires though, it just feels a few pounds off. I have a air compressor, so no biggie, I should have checked it before I road though.

Thanks, I'm not mechanically inclined. I will do that next time I get a chance.

Maybe you should follow paulys advice and not use your bike as a guinea pig...

Maybe you should follow paulys advice and not use your bike as a guinea pig...

I agree, when I drove semi trucks for the army we just added coolant to the reservoir... I will have to start looking up proper procedures when doing things on my bike from now on. I want to take good care of it so it will last me a long time and so I don't have to fork out alot of $$ for issues I may have neglected.

I'm glad y'all are pointing me in the right direction :)

It does run up hill, it siphons during hot/cold cycles. But the trapped air will play hell, before it slowly removes. Don't need no hot spots. Don't want a radiator acting like a steam iron.