Selling Sig P229

bacchus

Need to simplify my life

First gen - the good one - w/o rail - chambered in .40 - just a barrel swap and you can shoot .357 sig, too

Interesting that one would think that any SIG that isn't the 1st generation is a bad gun. I have a stainless slide NH Sig that shoots 2 inch groups or less at 25 yards, and has not jammed once. All 229's for that matter have the stainless slide to withstand the .40 round. Just clarifying any misconceptions of the Sig, with that said I haven't seen a bad Sig yet.

Interesting that one would think that any SIG that isn't the 1st generation is a bad gun. I have a stainless slide NH Sig that shoots 2 inch groups or less at 25 yards, and has not jammed once. All 229's for that matter have the stainless slide to withstand the .40 round. Just clarifying any misconceptions of the Sig, with that said I haven't seen a bad Sig yet.

I've heard some complaints about the modular P250 - supposedly, after a change in management. Not sure if that is still the case.

http://www.gao.gov/decisions/bidpro/4023393.htm

And the P226 and P228 slides are stainless, too - but they were initially stamped then milled (9mm) - vs. the milled slide introduced with the P229 (for the higher pressure .40) - now I think they are all milled from a solid chunk.

I've heard some complaints about the modular P250 - supposedly, after a change in management. Not sure if that is still the case.

http://www.gao.gov/decisions/bidpro/4023393.htm

And the P226 and P228 slides are stainless, too - but they were initially stamped then milled (9mm) - vs. the milled slide introduced with the P229 (for the higher pressure .40) - now I think they are all milled from a solid chunk.

Correct