Cleveland To Knox Pa ?

KTMRIDER

I run from Medina to Punxy (45 minutes distance to knox give take +-5) ALL the time. Like once a month, sometimes more depending on our schedules.

I've taken 322 more or less, 422 more or less...and half a dozen side roads- you know left right, left right left right just eating up miles.

but always wind up hawling 76, to rt. 82  to 36

you could take..what, 480 to 43 to 305 to 62. I have a dozen times simple headed east and meandered that way

Its 2:45 humping from door to door (me/punxy). Scenic routes add upwards of an hour, and with whats waiting for me, I'd rather stare at boring hardtop and close the distance than ride.

I've learned to enjoy the slab. I do 75-80, blast the radio, lean back on the backrest, use the throttle lock when possible, even with atgatt, I'm comfortable. I worry less about some deviant cager slopping two wheels into my lane hurrying down two laners. Parts of 422, and 322 are nice cruising. But if you're trying to point a point b...76, 80, 208

Now, once in Pa...man, oh man, millions of miles of outstanding roads. 

edited for route number screw up

Edited by Medina
  • Upvote 1

I was offered a bed at Sturgis from a buddy f8r bike week. I turned it down. The thought of 3 days each way on straight flat interstate is a deal breaker for me.If I have to go on the highway I would almost rather be in a car....and I love riding!

http://goo.gl/maps/sOCC5

Here, I modified one of my runs to Punxy. Honestly the first 45 minutes is going to suck goat hair no matter what you do heading that way. Hence why I hit the hard pavement and get it over with, however once you get to/past Mogadore, its still good time and something to look at. Enjoy Youngstown, the combat zone, LOL.

once past Y-town, its actually pleasant, very interesting country side.

This might be better compromise, about the same time, and sort of buffers the ohio part of it.

the 303 route I'd forgotten about due to the amount of 35mph/traffic etc...    http://goo.gl/maps/mjnHz

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, done, the problem with doing a scenic to Punxy is crap, it adds an HOUR to my trip. I took this once and with unforeseen construction and an accident took nearly FIVE hours to get home...its not safe to do 10mph over the limit on a scenic, but 76/80...I'm going with the flow of traffic at 80, a few times we were in a pack of cages and semi's doing 85 from just outside Akron line to my exit. 2 hours 15 minute run, Fumes and the first gas station, but worth it. 

http://goo.gl/maps/j0awR  vs. http://goo.gl/maps/U2CyC

Non super slab will add considerable time to your ride and it doesn't get the slightest bit curvy until you hit the PA border.

That said if I wasn't pushed for time I would take 422->88->358 then it looks like 62 and 322 gets you to your destination. 

422 gets you out of the suburb congestion and slow limits. then 88 is not a bad ride through farm country. 

Most of the way through OH you can go 1 mile north or south and find a smaller rural that run parallel. I find these fun but I ride a Vstrom not a sportbike.

Craig

.............sooooooooooo..............................

what route did you take??

I'm likely to make that run sunday night, or monday next, find something scenic, and fairly fast?

I would avoid 422 at all costs. I have NEVER seen so many local cops and troopers on one road before. Thats why I picked up the pace a bit.... I figured I couldn't possibly pass another cop so soon... LOL boy was I wrong.

422 and got a performance award for 72 in a 55 from a Trooper. So much for saving the 5 bucks on turnpike tolls

ouch, ouch, ouch. 

ouch

How often you make that run?

I make the Punxy run fairly often- shoot a PM if you're heading that way and I'll see if I can tweak my ride.

Meet at 18 & 77, pairs makes the miserable slab run less so. Run (non toll) 18/76/80 to your exit. Or hook up for the return.

Who knows, we might get lucky and overtake the "sons of anarchy/Ohio" group I've seen twice now on 76. I'm blessed with a full face helmet cause I literally laughed my ass off.