Mossberg 500

idodishez

Is this a good deal? Or can 500's still be had for $250 ish?

http://www.tzarmory.com/index.php/long-guns/mossberg-500-3-in-1.html

Anyone familiar w this "3 in 1"? I like the shorter length if a pistol grip, and the looks. But have been told the recoil on a pistol grip is going to be wicked. Anyone have experience w a pistol grip and have feedback?

This space intentionally left blank to avoid offending anyone

I'm an 870 guy I would never own a Mossberg the price difference isn't that much between the 2 but the quality is better on the 870 in my opinion.

Mossberg 500 is the Glock of shotguns, they simply just work and they go bang again and again. I have an 870 and I love the damn thing, but I bought my son a new Winchester 12 gauge for Christmas and it is pretty impressive.

Every Mossberg I've ever shot has felt like its gonna fall apart. The fore grip isn't tight and the action really wasn't either. I like everything about the Remington. It just feels like its made better. My 870 has never failed me. As for glocks I'll keep my rugers

Is this a good deal? Or can 500's still be had for $250 ish?

http://www.tzarmory.com/index.php/long-guns/mossberg-500-3-in-1.html

Anyone familiar w this "3 in 1"? I like the shorter length if a pistol grip, and the looks. But have been told the recoil on a pistol grip is going to be wicked. Anyone have experience w a pistol grip and have feedback?

If you plan to put a pistol grip on it i would suggest the 870 due to the location of the safety. Other wise its like ford vs chevy (pick your favorite)

As far as my thoughts on a pistol grip, i have a pistol grip with the shoulder stock, but can still easily handle the recoil from just the pistol grip.

Edited by scottie.harris

What I'm wondering is why two smooth bore barrels? Ok one is shorter for the pistol grip i understand that. If it were me I would get a combo with a rifled slug barrel and the short smooth bore barrel. I bought a 500 from a member here that works great. I also have a 870. Both are great guns.

Edited by speedytriple

I sell you mine 500 if you interested.

It's got wood stock,long smooth barrel,and short rifle barrel,leupold scope.just the scope is $250.

Hard and soft case,plenty ammo.

if it weren't for the wood stock I'd be interested.