Huge Props For Iron Pony, And Hoblick

oldschoolsdime92

Last week I purchased a set of conti-motions from Iron pony. My third set of these. I've always been happy with them. This set not so much. I had them mounted and balanced initially by dustin34xx(i dont remember his numbers). I had a shake from 30-60 mph. I pulled them, and since he was back in TN, I had another friend of mine throw them on his balancer and check the balancing. Everything was fine. Dustins work was good, as it always is. I checked my head bearings, swing arm bushings, and anything else that may have some play thats not supposed to.

So I called Iron Pony and spoke to a fellow named Jeff in parts. He was very helpful. I explained to him about going to deals gap on thursday, and I needed a to exchange my front tire, due to this shake. He agreed to do so. AWESOME! I decided to do some google research and discovered I'm not the only one, who has had similar shake issues. I conversed with granda080, issacspappa, and hoblick yesterday on the situation. I decided to buy a new set of tires all together. I don't have time to get a second bum tire.....

I went to hoblicks at 10am, this morning and found him working away in the garage. He dismounted the conti-motions and off to Iron Pony I went. I met with a Derek at I.P and explained to him my situation and what I had researched and posed the proposition of allowing to return the front and rear tire, and give me store credit toward another set of tires. I told him I wanted the Pirelli Angel STs.

He checked the computer and didn't have the rear, but he had both in the new GT. He agreed to make the swap for me. I paid the difference of the two sets of tires( 180$) grabbed my tires and my free T shirt, off to Hoblicks I go! I returned to Hoblicks, and he mounted and balanced the new tires. I paid him and off I went. I came home mounted them up and took off to run some errands. No shake, no wobble, nothing. Just a nice smooth ride.  I just wanted to take a moment to thank Hoblick, and Iron Pony for going above and beyond. I will rest easy knowing I have a solid set of tires now.  Sorry for the long winded post, but its rare to find good customer service these days, and You guys made my week. HUGE PROPS! 

• Upvote 3

Glad you went with a full set oldschool, Gap ride is surely NOT the place to leave your tire confidence in question. Went to the Pony back in March and was treated nicely as well. Awesome work Derek and Hoblick

Excellent! :)

I also spooned a fresh tire on the rear of my Multistrada. Should get me through the weekend and through my IronButt ride and then some. Not sure about the front, though. Wish I woulda bought a front, too. I'm a bitch when it comes I tires. I hate being anywhere near the wear indicators.

stop running those shitty ass conti motions